Buyer wants to return item

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No big deal have had this happened several times as we all have. However she keeps sending me emails for request to return the item on eBay. But she wants me to contact her through her personal email, she does not reply to my email responses at all. Just a week later she sends another email saying I have been trying to get in touch with you please call me or contact me through this email I don't understand why I haven't heard back from you yet? Then this one said you can call me here's my phone number. Why is she not able to respond through eBay? I mean that's how I will refund her I'm not going to refund her through a check or something. Why does it seem so strange to me? If she wants to return the item all she has to do is open either a case or click on the refund. I don't want to call her. Why do some people have to make it so tough!!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correspond through ebay and cc it to their email if necessary. Insist that they reply through ebay, that way customer service can access all messages if there is any problem,

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you don't need to hold her hand - that's ebay's job.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any and all returns will be handled through the ebay messaging system, not personal emails. Send that message to her through eBay messaging and be done with it. Keep her personal emails as proof of her attempted actions to be forwarded to eBay in the future if needed. Also, unless the item is being returned because it was not as described, you do not have to refund the original shipping charge either, much less her return shipping charges. Using eBay hassle-free returns I see you already state this in your listings so that won't be an issue.

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
While it may not be the case in this situation, I have had Buyers that were unable to receive emails from me through the eBay email system. This is usually due to the Buyer's ISP seeing the emails as Spam or possibly containing Viruses and they won't let them through. The Buyer has to notify their' ISP and inform them that the emails through eBay are not Spam and/or do not contain Viruses.

Frank

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
This is another one of those things that I consider the buyer's problem. If I have to comply with the rules of the eBay system the buyer should also. I'm all about customer service & standing behind the items I sell. That doesn't mean I have any interest in holding the hand of someone who can't follow the relatively simple process eBay has in place.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While it may not be the case in this situation, I have had Buyers that were unable to receive emails from me through the eBay email system. This is usually due to the Buyer's ISP seeing the emails as Spam or possibly containing Viruses and they won't let them through. The Buyer has to notify their' ISP and inform them that the emails through eBay are not Spam and/or do not contain Viruses.

Frank

How hard is it to log on and go to My Ebay?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
How hard is it to log on and go to My Ebay?

Not hard but you would be surprised at how many folks never look at their' messages on their' "My eBay" Page or even know to look there! As previously stated, I would compose an email to the Buyer through eBay and also "Copy To:" the Buyer's email address. In that manner, it insures that the Buyer gets the email and insures that there is a record of it in eBay's email system. Including information, help and/or instructions on how the Buyer can access their' emails through eBay or fix the problem through their' ISP, is totally up to the Seller.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread