iPhone usage for eBay

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to put this out there. I use my phone all the time for looking up stuff what it's worth on eBay. And I'm sure a lot of us do. My phone got hacked 2 days ago. I'm not sure how. Or why but after I left one of my usual locations my phone started buzzing for no reason. And then completely shut down. Don't know if it was from an email or an outside source or what. I took it to get checked and they said there was a virus but I couldn't figure out where it was from. And my phone was shot. So I went and bought another one off of craigslist took it to the store had it activated brought it home. Activated it to iTunes and I got the virus on the new phone.

To make a long story short. After making a new iTunes account and a new iCloud account I was able to get my new phone working again. It took about eight hours! I can probably clear out my other phone now and sell it on eBay as long as I don't link my old account to it. It's been a really crappy day so I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Happy Fourth of July to everybody! And I hope none of you go through what I went through today. Basically the phone would not connect to make a phone call, or the Internet and it would not let me change any of the settings on iCloud. As soon as I tried to change anything It would completely cut off my access to the Internet through wireless or through iOS. It would just say searching the whole entire time!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear about your problems with your' phones! Luckily, I don't have a Smart Phone to look up items but sometimes wish I did. When I opened my' Small Business, I had to pay a Service (can't remember the name but I can try to find it if you need it) to clear out all junk files as well as any and all Viruses, Trojans and NetBots from my' PC and the entire connection to AOL as it was also infected/hacked. At the time, I had to pay $199 for one year but since I don't sell continuously on eBay, I dropped the service because I really couldn't afford it. Although some of the folks (Technicians) were from India and maybe Pakistan or an Asian country and sometimes hard to understand, the service they provided was great and I was allowed one monthly tune-up of my' PC and could call anytime day or night if my' PC got infected again.

Happy Fourth of July to you as well and to everyone on Treasure Net! I hope it is a safe and joyful day for all!

Frank

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it was an app that was giving me all the grief. Seems to be working fine now. Ridiculous that The people at the store could not tell me that though.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just recently got a smartphone and its saved us a ton of money in crappy purchases. We also do all our listing from it and out iPod. Strange how you got a virus on a apple product, I didn't even think it was possible for a phone to get a virus. Why would you sell a phone that has that on it? If you couldn't get it removed then the basic joe probly can't. Best just recycle it and be done with it, it might end up costing you later when the buyer wants his money back.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it was an app that was giving me all the grief. Seems to be working fine now. Ridiculous that The people at the store could not tell me that though.

Your old phone is fine. There was a certain txt message virus that was going around a few weeks ago. Google it and you will see the steps to fix it. My phone got shut off about 30 times over a 4 day period. Surprised the pole store didn't know about it. An update was already released to fix the issue

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread