The story of the buyer I want to leave a false positive

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sell at least 50% glass or china items. Most everything I send is fairly breakable. I listed this Vaseline glass bowl. It had some chips but it's not listed very often in this round shape. It sells for about around $50 with free shipping. Then I get a one sentence email this item is broken.

The buyer has over 300 feedbacks so it seems possible it broke. But I honestly would have thrown it out the car window without fear of it breaking. The glass was very thick and well packed. I write back, I'm so sorry etc., please send me a photo etc.

Then I never hear another word. This has happened to me repeatedly. I would like to time a false positive feedback at the last possible moment so they can't retaliate. Anyone ever tried this? And how do I calculate the last possible moment? I'm not really a vindictive person but the number of people handing out instant refunds must be pretty high.

Last edited:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
When you sell you run into all kinds. If they are fishing for a refund & you require proof they will move on. I realized a while ago that these people aren't laying awake at night being pissed off at me so why should I lose sleep over their sorry butts. If it really bothers you block them.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What trdhdr said, move on and be done with them.

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just let it go and move on, as others have suggested. This is business, so leave the emotions out of it, and spend your time and energy selling the next item.

OP
OP
D

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not losing sleep over it. I worked most of my life in customer service. If they can take 30 seconds to try and scam me then I think I could take 30 seconds to give other sellers a heads up. Thanks. I guess Ill leave it alone.

apdp

Dec 7, 2010
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has happened to me and I respond with send it back and I will refund. Ends the conversation quickly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread