Post Your Crazy, Insane and Problem eBay Customers Here... Sellers Too!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold a lot of 4 train cars on April 8th. Buyer contacted me on the 13th and said 3 out of 4 cars were damaged. I told the buyer to open a return through eBay. They did & I supplied a return postage label through the eBay system. Since then I haven't heard anything from them, tracking for the package never showed up, and the return never arrived. Yesterday eBay escalated the case.....I explained they never returned the item......they closed the case in my favor......stated the buyer wouldn't get a refund & they would remove any negative feedback. This morning when I got up I had a message from PayPal saying the buyer opened a case to get a refund.
What ever happened with this?

I sold a set of vintage Bose bookshelf speakers to a 'lady' in Omaha. She opened a case claiming that the items were misrepresented; that the speakers had some yellowing on the plastic cases, and that the packing tape smelled funny.
This was my first ever return and I wanted to keep my feedback perfect so, idiot that I am and being unfamiliar with the return policies and procedures, I refunded her money expecting her to return the speakers.
I now know that I should have sent her a return label and got my speakers back before issuing the refund but eBay closed the case and I have no recourse. She got a set of free Bose speakers and I got shafted out of $42.
There was nothing misrepresented about the speakers. I took lots of pics using various light sources that showed the very slight yellowing typical of older white colored electronics and plastic packing tape sometimes has a distinct chemical odor, get over it, bytch!
Poorer but wiser.
Ouch, that sucks. Woman sounds like a total loon. She needs retribution.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Sold a lot of 4 train cars on April 8th. Buyer contacted me on the 13th and said 3 out of 4 cars were damaged. I told the buyer to open a return through eBay. They did & I supplied a return postage label through the eBay system. Since then I haven't heard anything from them, tracking for the package never showed up, and the return never arrived. Yesterday eBay escalated the case.....I explained they never returned the item......they closed the case in my favor......stated the buyer wouldn't get a refund & they would remove any negative feedback. This morning when I got up I had a message from PayPal saying the buyer opened a case to get a refund.

Interesting timing on this one. The case had been sitting on PayPal stuck in the review process. This morning when I checked my email I had 2 messages from PayPal. The first asked me to respond to the case and the second said they had decided the case in my favor. They said the buyer didn't provide them with the information they requested. They also said I should reach out to the buyer to resolve the issue. That ain't happening. I'm willing to refund for any reason once the item is returned but not after they try to screw me.

Kentuckiana Jones

May 19, 2017
KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just one to watch for. Sell to at your own risk. He left negative FB on me without ever contacting me saying item never received. I ran tracking # (which he of course has) and USPS showed item in transit but clearly lost. Informed him of this and asked him to give it a couple of days and then I issued him a full refund and sent him a FB revision request which he refused.
ebay username is
sprinnin-frdlvazi

OtakuDude

Apr 16, 2007
Monee, IL
I live in the Chicago area and on July 22nd, I sold 16 bags of Brach's caramel candy corn to a buyer in NJ for $96. Shipped it promptly and tracking said it was delivered a few days later.

On Aug 30th, the buyer initiated a chargeback with their credit card with the stated reason being that payment for this purchase was sent by another method. The credit card company then contacted Paypal and put a hold on the $96.

I contacted Paypal who thought this was ridiculous. I only accept payment via. Paypal for my ebay items and the buyer is located over 1000 miles away so they couldn't have come by and paid in cash. As such, Paypal released the $96 back to me.

Well, on Sept 14th, the credit card company escalated their claim and Paypal once again put a hold on the $96. I called PP and was told that not only was I *not* covered under seller protection, they were not going to fight for me but instead they would rely on the decision of the credit card company in regards to if they'll release the funds back to me or not. The credit card company has 75 days to make their decision and I'm just going to have to wait to see if I get screwed over or not. I've already resigned myself to the screwing and I'm just waiting for this to be over.

FYI. The buyers ebay ID is djmcc1960. Accept bids from this thief at your own risk.

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I had an interesting one today. Buyer contacted me stating they never received the coins they ordered back on October 16th. I sent them a message asking what they meant. I am waiting on a response to see if they never received the 5 coins they purchased. If they say that I am opening a claim with eBay since I have had conversation with them.

They originally received 5 coins 2 of which were the same year and mint so they requested 2 new ones shipped out and they were willing to send the duplicates back. I told them to just keep the 2 and I would ship 2 new ones out. I didn’t even have to do this since I stated in the listing that they were 5 random coins.

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update on status. The individual has requested a full refund or 5 more coins. I politely messaged them back saying I could not do either since they confirmed receiving the item and if that was unsatisfactory they could escalate the case to eBay.

man_in_black

Nov 2, 2013
Pensacola
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a tip (that I'm VERY thankful I was given years ago): Document & photograph any serial #'s, cell phone IMEI/MEID #, or any identifying marks of any kind on anything you sell. I have an open case right now (don't want to post their user ID until it's closed) for the sale of my wife's iphone. Got her a new one in December to replace her flawless iPhone 6, listed (fairly cheap) at a BIN, and it sold after a couple of days. The buyer has 0 feedback, but they paid right away & everything looked legit. Shipped next day (this was about Dec 6 or so), and they sent me a return request a couple of weeks ago, stating the speaker (earpiece) was bad. Said she had it checked out at Verizon, not an Apple store, which immediately seemed strange, and asked if I could send a replacement. Replied that I was very sorry, I was not aware of any issues at all, and offered a full refund - I'm not a cell phone dealer, so of course I didn't have a replacement). Sent her a return label, and a few days ago I got an iPhone 6 in the mail - just not the one I shipped her. Thankfully, I'd saved all the pics of the phone specs, so I called them out on it & told them "nice try". I forwarded the original photos to ebay, and so far the buyer hasn't responded. After a few more days, they'll close the case in my favor.

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I called and got mine closed early due to buyer not responding and having hard proof.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread