Post Your Crazy, Insane and Problem eBay Customers Here... Sellers Too!

Lucky Eddie

Feb 9, 2010
Wanted to buy some little brass rings the other day!
Saw a Utube vid - guy made this neat little captive brass ring "puzzle toy" & I thought "Too easy - I can make these for the grand kids for Xmas if I get started now!
Couldn't find them anywhere...in this nation, so ordered and paid online... etc.
Get a email back from the US co. saying "they can't supply, coz they don't supply overseas after sending them this one!

Howdy guys.
I just ordered 20 x 1 & 1/8th inch solid bronze rings online and performed a check out but it seems you have no delivery option for overseas?
If there's any way you could help me out with an overseas air postal option that would be hugely appreciated please?.
I realize its probably going to cost me another $50 postage & that's O.K.
Yours Sincerely,

Response?

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Order for Australia?
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 11:20:16 +0000

Lucky,

I do apologize, at the current time we do not ship outside the United States or Canada.

Missy

Customer Service

1-866-466-2005

[email protected]

It was a reasonable sized orderi.e. a little over $100 & I was happy to pay the extra $50...to pop them in a little padded post baggie & put them in the mail for me!
Whats wrong with USA at the moment?

Whats the difference if they ship to Commonwealth CANADA - nit not fellow ally Commonwealth of Australia?

(deleted by mod for politics)

Last edited by a moderator:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a buyer leave me feedback for a lapel pin I sold. "Just as pictured, poor packaging, good shipping". I wrapped the pin in bubble wrap and put it in a box. I guess he was disappointed I re-used a box instead of buying one. I imagine he would left a negative if I had sent it in a padded envelope.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got any email from somebody upset they cannot bid on my items. She had bid on things in the past and the seller change the price on her. So she did not pay for her items. Wanting to know if I could change my blocks so she could bid.

I replied back unfortunately there's no way for a seller to change the price to make it higher at the end of the sale. However my blocks are on there because a lot of people refuse to pay for items. So unfortunately you will not be able to bid at this time. Why do people think we just sell stuff for their entertainment?

She replied back that I'm missing out on making a lot of money. When in reality I missing out on having to relist my items in a week because she didn't pay for it again!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I the only one reminded of ol Bennett Brauer when reading Lucky Eddie's quote filled post?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky Eddie, warning, end the political comments, you want to talk politics you can post it in our politics forum not here,,,.

Paleo Joe, Mods are not allowing it, unless it is reported it takes us time to see if we see it at all, there are too many members posting for mods to read every single post... It was reported and I responded...

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky Eddie, warning, end the political comments, you want to talk politics you can post it in our politics forum not here,,,.

Paleo Joe, Mods are not allowing it, unless it is reported it takes us time to see if we see it at all, there are too many members posting for mods to read every single post... It was reported and I responded...

Oh great, now my Chris Farley video has no context. Thanks a lot!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a buyer leave me feedback for a lapel pin I sold. "Just as pictured, poor packaging, good shipping". I wrapped the pin in bubble wrap and put it in a box. I guess he was disappointed I re-used a box instead of buying one. I imagine he would left a negative if I had sent it in a padded envelope.
It would have been bubble wrapped in a padded mailer if he'd have purchased it from me, lol. I guess he wanted it gift wrapped like he just purchased it form Jarod's Jewelers or something.

For the record I didn't report Lucky Eddie. It's not my style.

TH- I don't know why the whole reply was deleted, mine and his. I see you had no problem editing his second reply. Why didn't you edit the first too? And why was my reply deleted? Collateral damage I imagine or just easier to delete the both, versus editing them both? I stated nothing political other than agreeing. I didn't spew the political bull, I just said something to the effect of 'the mods may disagree on the political comments but I can't argue with any of it other than the $50 minimum shipping charge'. I had a link posted on my (deleted) reply for the current USPS rates for shipping globally in case he wanted to research what it actually costs to mail something from the USA to Australia, since he was talking about this $50 minimum postage nonsense.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I just got a pm asking the weight of the bracelet I have listed. They said they didn't see the weight. Uh, dude! I have a picture on the scale and its stated in the description. Did he just read the title and not see it? Oh man, he has a feedback of 2.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I got this email today from a "buyer" who wants to "trade" with me. I'm leaving her name on in case you want to block her as well.

have traded with someone before. But it was a store. I would first send you a picture and description. If it is something you would like and want l would then send you the item. Once you receive it, you would send me the necklace. Once I mail it I will email you the tracking number so you could then take the necklace down from

- booksavidreader

here's my reply:
Thank you, but I think I'm going to pass. You are welcome to sell yours here, and then buy mine.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you buy coins on eBay ever block this guy... Inwoodcoin. I just use my eBay bucks to buy a coin from him. Never shipped it never sent it just absolutely just sat there and did nothing. Three emails in and no response. I check his feedback. And I think sellers like this need to be eliminated from eBay. 12 months he has 238,235 positives. 195 neutral and 357 negatives. All saying he never shipped it and never contacted them. What a joke! I blocked him but text me off can be bothered to do the right thing when you're running a business how can you still float pissing people off!

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
He's a power seller, bringing in big bucks. We all know what's important to eBay.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
238,235 positives to 357 negatives? Sorry to hear you had a bad experience but that ratio of negatives to positives is incredibly low for that volume. less than .15%, probably less than .1% of all transactions.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

It was a reasonable sized orderi.e. a little over $100 & I was happy to pay the extra $50...to pop them in a little padded post baggie & put them in the mail for me!
Whats wrong with USA at the moment?

Whats the difference if they ship to Commonwealth CANADA - nit not fellow ally Commonwealth of Australia?

(deleted by mod for politics)

REALLY?

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
WHY do people use OBO, and then not pay? How long do I have to wait before I can file a case? (Yeah, I'm being impatient, the buyer won last night at 1am. However, they have 0 feedback, started their account yesterday, and I just have a feeling they aren't going to pay.) Is it because they want to see how low they can get it for, but don't actually want it?

Dagger Woods

Apr 29, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Int'l
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHY do people use OBO, and then not pay? How long do I have to wait before I can file a case? (Yeah, I'm being impatient, the buyer won last night at 1am. However, they have 0 feedback, started their account yesterday, and I just have a feeling they aren't going to pay.) Is it because they want to see how low they can get it for, but don't actually want it?

Do you mean BIN (Buy it Now), not OBO (Or Best Offer)? Because your complaint makes no sense if you actually do mean OBO...

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Had someone "buy" an item last Thursday. They finally paid today & sent me a detailed message about exactly how I should pack the item & to make sure I insured it. I wanted to tell them they should be more concerned about doing their job by paying in a timely manner than they are with how I do my job.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you mean BIN (Buy it Now), not OBO (Or Best Offer)? Because your complaint makes no sense if you actually do mean OBO...

I'm sure she means she accepted an offer. If it's a BIN, you just check the box requiring immediate payment.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sure she means she accepted an offer. If it's a BIN, you just check the box requiring immediate payment.

Yeah. If you OBO, you can't have instant payment. I set a lot of OBOs to automatically accept a certain price, which saves me some time.

This lady wrote to me tonight:
Hleoo and thank you for messaging me. unfortunately the bid showed as rejected on my side and I purchased something else on another site. So please put it back up for sale. I am sorry but If I would have known I wouldn't have spent my money on another item.
- filom-horac

And another buyer blocked. I just got an offer on a newly listed necklace. 8.32 grams of gold ... they offered me a whooping $140. Yeah, right.

Dagger Woods

Apr 29, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Int'l
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah. If you OBO, you can't have instant payment. I set a lot of OBOs to automatically accept a certain price, which saves me some time.

Okay, I get it now. I guess that's the danger of automatic settings, you don't get to "feel out" a prospective buyer before accepting or declining an offer. Still, you did technically accept the offer so (imo) you might as well wait and see how things go... maybe you just have a newb who will turn out to be a great buyer. We all had to start at 0 at one point.

Dagger Woods

Apr 29, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Int'l
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Right, I realized that... my "problem" was with the fact that the offer was accepted - not knowing about the automatic setting, I assumed that the offer was looked at and agreed to initially... so then my question was why the change of heart? But now I see the situation...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread