Post Your Crazy, Insane and Problem eBay Customers Here... Sellers Too!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Name names, give reasons, that is what this thread is for. I've seen too many threads over the years about crazy buyers and some of the things they come up with in order to try and get a refund. Post them here. I don't have any myself at the moment but I'll post an older one later today.
Some sellers can be just as bad so don't refrain from naming them also.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been awhile for this one so I do not have the buyer info. Picked up some Elvis pictures at the local Flee Market. Put them on ebay and had a buyer said hers had been stolen and some of the one I have are like the one that were stolen from her. She lives in CA. So everything but actually accusing me of stealing her pictures. She became the highest bidder and a non paying buyer.

jason4kstate

Jun 23, 2007
Hmmm I haven't had too many issues lately but I had a problem/nightmare buyer 3 months ago. I usually sell my watches with a no refund/return policy as well as stating I am selling the item as is. I had a lot of issues with people popping the case and tinkering around with the movement or the battery. After they would damage the watch beyond repair they would claim it was broken to begin with. Anyways I sell one of my watches like this on the best price offer. I told this buyer in 3 separate messages about my policy and that I will not offer a refund. So guess what happens....a week after she gets the watch she complains that its broken, etc and wants a refund. I told her again about the policy and refused the refund. BTW the watch was working when I sold so I have no idea what she was attempting to do. It gets escalated to ebay and they rule that she can return the watch....I still do not know why they ever allowed this.

It then took 2 weeks for it arrive to me and literally 10 min after the tracking said it arrived she called and had ebay rule against me and yanked money out of my Paypal account. When I received the package it was evident that she popped the case and used a screwdriver on the movement. I talked to ebay again and they still wouldn't budge. They said they read all of messages between the buyer and I but I know this wasn't true. I escalated it up to the manager so that he would actually read the messages and they ruled in my favor and reversed the decision.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my block list:
christianbuddy, fatimushka2012, mydicksvetlana, okan_hug, sconset1973, wanwuzhangzhi1983,

All are blocked due to failure to pay or making up reasons to return and item.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my blocked list. 2015-kerk, 203bitsy, 908wchuck18, abby96312012, beardslee123, bluehairedgranny, clavecindorado, comaserco, diskogib, dpoce, golfer1jeanne, grailmail, hyper_hyper7714, jjfoushee, jrhowatt, krakenchucknorris, love7.now, luna12will, miguelpineda16, monaco1121, spalmer4, twilover48, vilus_rydxpwn, vp60, whisky16077, willienlilly, 963712669@deleted Most were non payers. A few problem buyers in the lot.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes!!! yes!!!!! :headbang:
Great thread, even better subject. :icon_thumright:

I have a lot of people blocked.
Buyers don't pay, sellers don't ship.....

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
There are millions of users on ebay. Some good, some bad. Outing a few bad ones here or there is like trying to count the grains of sand on the beach. It is a pointless endeavor and there will always be more users.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are millions of users on ebay. Some good, some bad. Outing a few bad ones here or there is like trying to count the grains of sand on the beach. It is a pointless endeavor and there will always be more users.

Glass always half empty? What you say is true, but cutting and pasting a block list will take me less than 1 min. If that saves me 1 bad sale, it is worth it.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's okay, it darn sure doesn't hurt anything, so what's the problem? We may get a few good nutcase stories out of it anyway. I do think your "grains of sand on the beach" analogy is a wee bit of a stretch though. Granted there may be millions of ebay users but only a small fraction of a percentile would be deemed whacko or problematic. If you don't want to contribute then don't, no one is twisting your arm, geesh.

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just recently had a buyer want to return a super gold sucker about 2 years after he bought it! He said he could not figure out how to assemble it!!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off the top of my head- One of the buyers on my list bought a Presidium Duo Tester from me. It was my personal unit and it worked fine. He tried to tell me that it needed to be recalibrated and that it was going to cost him $100 and that I need to give him a partial refund in order to make it right. I told him no problem please ship it back and I would gladly refund him upon receiving/inspecting the tester. I never heard from him again. He tried though.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
123fawn32, 857shoobdo, bugebo22, covi.bren, gmmdpm2fes, ismailkemal, nitro1car, rosepedal5454, rowlhead_jr, royhobbs84562, saci99, shaniah5308, shazzan1, shnel, themailsinn1, theplum52, usgera_0r4mojitw

Selling Candy I have a certain type of scam of trying to return 2 months later. Or returning a box of 36 candy bars and there are only 10 in the box. Or the most common one 2 weeks after delivery they didn't get it. Instead of allowing us to block buyers, they should allow us to block certain areas or Cities!!!!!!!

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a buyer tell me the 14k necklace I threw in my junk lot didn't register 14k or even 10k with acid. I wrote back that that necklace was xray'd by the jeweler, and is definitely 14k. Then he tried to convince me the jeweler didn't have an xray machine. Gave him the jeweler's site and told him to contact him. I also told him, send it back and I'll send you something else.
He said never mind, surprise surprise. Guess he didn't want to get caught in a lie.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one now who bid on a bracelet. He emails me afterwards and said shipping is ridiculous. Instead of sending it to china, can I send it to his friend in San Diego, here's the address... Well only sold for 30 though. He has to pay for it before I can do anything. And then I print the label and send it to him. But he's an idiot he does not understand this. He wants me to send him a invoice for the address in San Diego which I'm not able to do. And then cancel out his shipping to his country. Which again I am not able to do anything with. He wanted to know if I can have it there by tomorrow which I'm not overnighting a bracelet to San Diego. And he has a feedback of zero with being a member for the last 36 hours. I'm pretty sure he's not going to pay. I guess we'll just add him to the list of people who suck on eBay!

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
I have one now who bid on a bracelet. He emails me afterwards and said shipping is ridiculous. Instead of sending it to china, can I send it to his friend in San Diego, here's the address... Well only sold for 30 though. He has to pay for it before I can do anything. And then I print the label and send it to him. But he's an idiot he does not understand this. He wants me to send him a invoice for the address in San Diego which I'm not able to do. And then cancel out his shipping to his country. Which again I am not able to do anything with. He wanted to know if I can have it there by tomorrow which I'm not overnighting a bracelet to San Diego. And he has a feedback of zero with being a member for the last 36 hours. I'm pretty sure he's not going to pay. I guess we'll just add him to the list of people who suck on eBay!
This is a grand scam, and he was probably pulling it on dozens at the same time. If you ship to not his official addy, then he claims never arrived and all the money gets refunded to him. You get the privilege of paying to ship your free stuff to him. You could show the tracking, but that is only proof that you sent it some where else :D

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a grand scam, and he was probably pulling it on dozens at the same time. If you ship to not his official addy, then he claims never arrived and all the money gets refunded to him. You get the privilege of paying to ship your free stuff to him. You could show the tracking, but that is only proof that you sent it some where else :D

I guess I got lucky one time. Both addresses where in the US. At the time I did not know any better, the buyer said it was a gift and instead of sending it to the buyer if I would send it to the address he gave me. So I did. Never came back as not received. Never thought that it could have been a scam.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Glass always half empty? What you say is true, but cutting and pasting a block list will take me less than 1 min. If that saves me 1 bad sale, it is worth it.
You have to understand that the guy ALWAYS has an opinion about anything Ebay related and it's almost always posted with a know it all attitude and nearly always directly opposite what everyone else's opinion is.. I suspect it's all about getting attention.. nothing new...

Last edited:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New one... 14k anklet on auction. Ends in 5 days or so. Get an email.." Oh my gosh! I've been looking for this forever! I would like to send you the funds tonight. Can you please ship it tomorrow? I need it for a gift!" Hmmm, nope. Bid is only at $7.50 I'm not ending the auction, it hurts my account. You can bid on it though!

What a Turd!

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never recieved any communication or payment from this Seller ..modesto15us ( 68) ..ridiculous we cant leave negative feedback about these losers..what can sellers do?

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, I was stupid and impulsive. I bought a pair of 14k topaz and diamond earrings cuz they matched a pendant I have. The seller had a feed back of 50, with it being 64%. I read the fb, and it seemed to be a little older. EBay will protect me, and I won't lose money. The complaints were they never shipped. So I stayed on top of this seller. I emailed a lot, asking if they shipped. They sent me this crazy story about the funds not received until the middle of the next month. I'm like, uh no, you got instant payment. Ship or cancel. She tells me she will ship the next day. She doesn't. That was Friday. Monday she said she shipped, but sent no tracking information. Two days later, no item. I file a complaint with eBay, and within a half hour, I have a refund. If she shipped, why did she refund? She now has 52 fb, with a 50% satisfaction. How is she allowed to sell? I didn't leave fb yet. I am thinking I should just report her. Mosaicwhimsy3 if anyone is interested

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread