U.S. Shipping only.. But ...

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is someone that lives in Canada able to put an offer on my listing? I don't have it for the global shipping program. I only have it shipping to United States only. And checking on the Postal Service site it's going to cost $70 to ship it there and he's offering 100 so I'm not interested. But why is he able to put an offer on it anyways? Is he located right now in the United States but has his address for Canada?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I've wondered the same thing. I only ship to the lower 48 and somebody bids or contacts me from another country!
What the heck!
I would just message them and remind them, as in the listing, shipping is only available to the USA.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I check his eBay account it shows that he's a member since 2009 located in the United States. But his shipping address is in Montreal Canada. So I just told him that I only ship to US and it shows him being in Canada so I cannot ship this large item to Canada. Maybe I'll add global shipping program to it and it will charge him about $100 for shipping but that's OK.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting and not the first time I've heard of this happening. I always put "shipping to U.S. addresses only" in my descriptions. Also, I go through and exclude most of the excludable-locations, but I don't think that would have helped if it shows him as located in the U.S.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here. How much to ship to ???. I used to respond say I ship US only. I finally stopped responding because they already have the answer. Ship USA only. No international shipping in my listings.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mind shipping to the global shipping program. However I prefer the things in the palm of my hand. I don't want to spend half our wrapping something up ship it across the world and have a break into 1000 pieces. And there's other reasons as well but I just denied him and then said I only mailed to US addresses for this item and yours states it is in Canada sorry.

gravityrules

Feb 20, 2012
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Fisher F5, Fisher 1265-X, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does this only happen when there is a 'Best Offer' involved? I had a similar situation and I also had all excludable locations selected.
The would be buyer said he had a Florida shipping address even though Ebay showed him as located in Israel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread