2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was PP the emailer? Did you go to PP website and see the 1099? Legally we have pay taxes even if sales don't hit the 200/$20,000 mark even if PP doesn't prepare a 1099 for us.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Was PP the emailer? Did you go to PP website and see the 1099? Legally we have pay taxes even if sales don't hit the 200/$20,000 mark even if PP doesn't prepare a 1099 for us.

That's the truth. The 1099 from Paypal is just part of the paper trail the IRS can follow if they are so inclined. I keep good records & pay taxes on income. If I didn't I dang sure wouldn't be talking about it.

NWpickin

Aug 27, 2014
Seattle, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious on what happened with your 1099. I am also under 20k in sales... I just got a letter from my bank saying there was an error with my social..... I guess they put it in wrong years ago when I original my signed up for checking/savings.... Is this normal protocol?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious on what happened with your 1099. I am also under 20k in sales... I just got a letter from my bank saying there was an error with my social..... I guess they put it in wrong years ago when I original my signed up for checking/savings.... Is this normal protocol?
Could be, as long as they didn't direct you to a website or tell you to call some phony number to update your information, lol.

S

stefen

Its normal if its Wells Fargo Bank...:BangHead:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is not as funny as mine. I got my SS number in the middle 60's and I got a typewritten SS card. Then some time in the last 50 years my name and number got entered into a computer data base and they spelled my first name wrong. It is Daniel and someone typed Danial. I never found out about it till I had to file for medicare (yes I am an old man) That error messed thing up with my new insurance carrier. I think it is all cleared up now, maybe.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like my 1099 but so far PayPal has not produced one. Only 2014 is available. I'm pretty sure I'm getting one. Way over $20k in sales.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
$15K and 169 transactions. Will be deducting every legal expense possible. First time getting one and didn't realize they didn't deduct any refunds/cancelations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread