Global shipping

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being it's been about a year since it came out although I'm not exactly sure of my timing but do you guys use global shipping or no? It seems like recently most of the people who put offers on things don't pay for it because it's too high for shipping prices. I'm thinking about just stopping offering it altogether. I just canceled for orders tonight from this weekend of people who did not want to pay for it because the shipping was ridiculously too high. Are any of you coming across this? I do have some people that buy still but it seems like a lot less are paying for it and asking to cancel the order.

GregK

Jan 10, 2008
I will say that as a Canadian I avoid it like the plague. GSP charges exorbitant shipping fees plus "import charges" which most often don't apply. If I see a seller using it in their listing I will move on and spend my $ elsewhere. What I have noticed though is that in the last couple of months you don't actually see the GSP program listed anywhere on the auction page. It seems as if it is hidden until it's time to pay. I found out the hard way a few weeks back when I won an auction. It came time to pay and there was a surprise import charge on the invoice. With the import charge and additional shipping fees it added almost $30 to the total. I refused and we mutually agreed to cancel the order. I'd be willing to bet that the cancellations you had were from people who were totally surprised by the additional fees like I was.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great.. That sucks. I guess I will be dropping at them because that makes total sense. Maybe just keep priority mail options open to candida then !

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
GSP drives buyers away, especially with the ever increasing USPS costs. I haven't had any international shipping issues since I stopped shipping to Russia and Brazil a few years ago.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still use it, though after reading up a little bit just now I may change it. I didn't know there was tracking available using "First-Class Package International Service®" for anything up to 4 pounds. Is this something fairly new or have I just been thinking wrong? For some reason, I always thought you had to use at least priority international to get a tracking number? I do not recall this feature on ebay shipping labels the last time I tried to ship international, but it's been a couple years probably, because I've been using the GSP and everything goes to Ky. Anybody? :icon_scratch:

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been getting the message that tracking is not available to that country when using first class, but will have to check again in the next few weeks when I sell

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been getting the message that tracking is not available to that country when using first class, but will have to check again in the next few weeks when I sell
Thanks. I just looked it up on the USPS website and found the list of countries where the tracking option is available. I will revise my listings for these countries.
Can you offer both the GSP and "First-Class Package International Service®" for countries where tracking is not available, such as Japan for example?

Here is that list- 252 Eligibility

Countries Accepting Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International Service
Note: An asterisk indicates that service was temporarily suspended on June 12, 2014.

Australia
Belgium
Brazil*
Canada
Croatia
Denmark*
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Gibraltar*
Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Hungary
Israel
Italy*
Latvia
Lebanon
Lithuania
Luxembourg*
Malaysia
Malta
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Portugal*
Singapore
Slovak Republic
Spain
Switzerland
Turkey

ps- Thanks Beachkid for posting this. I would have continued using the GSP if you hadn't. Though I've sold a half dozen or so items since the first of the year to international buyers, I'm sure there were sales lost because of the GSP rates.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread