EBAY SCAM
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: EBAY SCAM

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

    Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    8,258
    2779 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET

    EBAY SCAM

    I guess that is what you would call it.. I ordered a dvd set $30.00 + when i ordered it the seller had a 100% good feed back of 97...Now i look at what happened to my dvd's and now he has up a feedback up of 22 with the last 4 as he got his/her money but never shipped out the items.. I always check ones feed back before i order a item ... This is crazy how could they work out something like that ? The seller was ... castrabbit the item was Pie in the Sky dvd set item# 2916755927912 .... I do not under stand they had 100% good feed back and now they have a feed back of 22 with 4 not shipped ....
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

  2. #2

    Oct 2013
    fort myers fl
    4,870
    4769 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Unless something happened to the seller. Like in hospital or sick. Had this happen with someone who had over 500 feedback and then never shipped anything. At least you're covered and get your money back. Just a little bit of a hassle I suppose.

  3. #3
    Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

    Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    8,258
    2779 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    I am not going to miss any sleep over it it was only $32.00 plus change.. I just do not know how they worked out something like that ..
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

    Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6,291
    8407 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Keppy, sorry to hear about this.
    You should be covered for non delivery, so you really shouldn't be out anything, it is a pain though......
    The person could have had something happen, it can happen, it happens.

    I'm hoping this might make it a little better......


    Keppy, RustyGold and wagbert like this.
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

    Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

  5. #5
    us
    Mar 2014
    west columbia sc.
    org. gold bug ,prism 3
    45
    20 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    hello keppy that 100% of (97) that 97 was that the ## after the seller name that means the seller bought and sold that many item there could have been a number of reason it was shipped right if so check the tracking to see if it was delivered if it was it might have gotten feet and walked away but what ever the case is you should be protected by the buyers act open a case against the seller you will get your money back even if ebay has to take it from the sellers paypal account I do some ebay selling if hard to please every one but I try others they don't care .!!! to be honest I have a refund case against me the buyer said they never got there item I for got to put the tracking ## in well guess what THE BUYER IS BUSTED ACCORDING TO THE TRACKING NUMBER IT WAS DELIVERED SOME OF THE SMALL B-S I GOT TO PUT UP WITH

  6. #6
    Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

    Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    8,258
    2779 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by goldhuntertim View Post
    hello keppy that 100% of (97) that 97 was that the ## after the seller name that means the seller bought and sold that many item there could have been a number of reason it was shipped right if so check the tracking to see if it was delivered if it was it might have gotten feet and walked away but what ever the case is you should be protected by the buyers act open a case against the seller you will get your money back even if ebay has to take it from the sellers paypal account I do some ebay selling if hard to please every one but I try others they don't care .!!! to be honest I have a refund case against me the buyer said they never got there item I for got to put the tracking ## in well guess what THE BUYER IS BUSTED ACCORDING TO THE TRACKING NUMBER IT WAS DELIVERED SOME OF THE SMALL B-S I GOT TO PUT UP WITH
    I never got a tracking number and now the last 5 buyers that bought from him have not got there items either... When i ordered my things from him/her there was no .. Negative Feedback on there site .. Now there is 5 negative the last 5 that ordered from him/her .. EBay name is .. castrabbit ..
    Last edited by Keppy; Feb 13, 2016 at 10:20 AM.
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

  7. #7
    us
    Mar 2014
    west columbia sc.
    org. gold bug ,prism 3
    45
    20 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    those 5 buyers did they buy something after you did or was it before you bought yours or around the same day. if they were before you bought yours then there might be something wrong -- hospital - in jail - or worse (rip) god for bid any ways sorry for some of the bad apples that make us good ones like lemons if you would like to go and check out my items I go to auctions and then sell on ebay my sellers name is hunt4gold plus if you are looking for some thing in particular let me know I just might have it
    Quote Originally Posted by Keppy View Post
    I never got a tracking number and now the last 5 buyers that bought from him have not got there items either... When i ordered my things from him/her there was no .. Negative Feedback on there site .. Now there is 5 negative the last 5 that ordered from him/her .. EBay name is .. castrabbit ..
    Keppy likes this.

  8. #8
    us
    Nov 2010
    NJ Pine Barrens
    T2 SE
    5,165
    2193 times
    Not sure what makes this a scam?

    File a claim, get your money back, move on with your life.
    "Internet quotes are often inaccurate."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  9. #9
    Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus
    8,827
    9827 times
    Sorry that happened to you Keppy. It can be frustrating but at least you're covered!
    Best of luck!
    Keppy likes this.


    “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

  10. #10

    Feb 2016
    1
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hello, beautiful people! I am here for the sole purpose of letting you know that castrabbit, a seller on eBay, is a complete and total rip-off. I purchased two items from them and was never provided a tracking number for the shipments nor did I ever receive the shipments. I messaged them to two separate times for the tracking numbers. Here was one of their replys: "Thanks again for your purchase. Your package was shipped via media mail with an average delivery time of 4 to 8 business days and should have arrived by now. I will have the distributor provide your tracking number and investigate your shipment. They send a lot of parcels at the same time that all come on one receipt from the post office. It takes a day or two for them to get back to me. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me again". So, beautiful people I then told castrabbit to stop what they're doing and provide my tracking now! Never heard from them again. I filed a claim with eBay and got my money back. If a seller tells you they have to get the tracking number from their distributor it's a good indication they're scamming you out of your money. What kind of a seller would not have immediate access to tracking numbers and customer information? A scam artist of course. What kind of seller would say they use a distributor to mail out orders when all they have for sale on eBay is 25 items? A scammer of course. I was the first to get ripped off by castrabbit. If you check out castrabbit's feedback on eBay you'll see the negative feedback I left them-you can't miss it I'm the one right above the last positive feedback they ever received. Once I left the negative feedback several other customer's negative feedback started pouring in. Another person on TreasureNet wrote castrabbit had a 100% positive feedback not long ago. True that is because I saw their 100% positive feedback prior to my rip-off purchases. So, castrabbit if you happen to be reading this I hope at this point you have a really itchy hemorrhoid and Freddy Kruger is scratching it for you with hot sauce on his fingertips. P.S. I also took the time to report you to PayPal and eBay for all the people you scammed!
    Kevin in IN and wareagle1776 like this.

  11. #11
    us
    Nov 2010
    NJ Pine Barrens
    T2 SE
    5,165
    2193 times
    Seriously, you joined this forum to warn people about this "scam"?

    People, please, get with the program.

    There are a lot of real scams out there but this is not one of them.

    Buying things on ebay and never getting the item is not a scam. Ebay has had buyer protection in place for over a decade now. If you don't receive your item, file a claim. If there is no tracking number or the seller doesn't cooperate during the claims process, then the buyer will get their money back and be made whole again.

    It is an inconvenience but you can get your money back, leave negative feedback, and move on with your life. The outcome will almost always be the same so I don't understand going through all this trouble to call out the scammer. I know you think you are helping others out by "outing a scammer" but you are really just wasting your time.
    kcm likes this.
    "Internet quotes are often inaccurate."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  12. #12
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    17,359
    31939 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    The only time I have had a problem with Ebay is when I got a little anxious an bought something without paying really close attention. Never had a problem with shipping. The bad sellers eventually go away, the trick is not to be one of ones to get stuck in the middle.
    Keppy likes this.

  13. #13
    Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

    Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    8,258
    2779 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Well Ebay put my money back to pay pal today .. The seller did not have one bad feed back when i bought but now he/she has 23 bad .. That is really in all my years on eBay i have had a problem..
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

  14. #14
    Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

    Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    8,258
    2779 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyben View Post
    Seriously, you joined this forum to warn people about this "scam"?

    People, please, get with the program.

    There are a lot of real scams out there but this is not one of them.

    Buying things on ebay and never getting the item is not a scam. Ebay has had buyer protection in place for over a decade now. If you don't receive your item, file a claim. If there is no tracking number or the seller doesn't cooperate during the claims process, then the buyer will get their money back and be made whole again.

    It is an inconvenience but you can get your money back, leave negative feedback, and move on with your life. The outcome will almost always be the same so I don't understand going through all this trouble to call out the scammer. I know you think you are helping others out by "outing a scammer" but you are really just wasting your time.
    jerseyben .. like i said before i was not going to miss any sleep over it ...And it was a scam as far as a lot of us see it ...........jerseyben i am sorry you did not like my post here but before i post in this forum again i will check with you to see if it meets up to your standard... And if i get your ok i will post here but if i do not i will not post here..
    Last edited by Keppy; Feb 20, 2016 at 10:10 PM.
    CladSpends2 and wagbert like this.
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

  15. #15
    Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

    Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    8,258
    2779 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by BobsKnob View Post
    Hello, beautiful people! I am here for the sole purpose of letting you know that castrabbit, a seller on eBay, is a complete and total rip-off. I purchased two items from them and was never provided a tracking number for the shipments nor did I ever receive the shipments. I messaged them to two separate times for the tracking numbers. Here was one of their replys: "Thanks again for your purchase. Your package was shipped via media mail with an average delivery time of 4 to 8 business days and should have arrived by now. I will have the distributor provide your tracking number and investigate your shipment. They send a lot of parcels at the same time that all come on one receipt from the post office. It takes a day or two for them to get back to me. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me again". So, beautiful people I then told castrabbit to stop what they're doing and provide my tracking now! Never heard from them again. I filed a claim with eBay and got my money back. If a seller tells you they have to get the tracking number from their distributor it's a good indication they're scamming you out of your money. What kind of a seller would not have immediate access to tracking numbers and customer information? A scam artist of course. What kind of seller would say they use a distributor to mail out orders when all they have for sale on eBay is 25 items? A scammer of course. I was the first to get ripped off by castrabbit. If you check out castrabbit's feedback on eBay you'll see the negative feedback I left them-you can't miss it I'm the one right above the last positive feedback they ever received. Once I left the negative feedback several other customer's negative feedback started pouring in. Another person on TreasureNet wrote castrabbit had a 100% positive feedback not long ago. True that is because I saw their 100% positive feedback prior to my rip-off purchases. So, castrabbit if you happen to be reading this I hope at this point you have a really itchy hemorrhoid and Freddy Kruger is scratching it for you with hot sauce on his fingertips. P.S. I also took the time to report you to PayPal and eBay for all the people you scammed!
    Well Ebay must have been on to what castrabbit was doing .. For only one hour after i filed my claim to ebay my money was back in my paypal account.. But jersyben does not think we should let people know about sellers like castrabbit...
    Jim in Idaho likes this.
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. eBay scam part 3
    By tenseventyfive in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Aug 12, 2015, 08:53 PM
  2. Need Help with Possible eBay Scam
    By Bigcypresshunter in forum Garage Sale Finds!
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: Aug 15, 2013, 10:57 PM
  3. Ebay Scam
    By sagittarius98 in forum Coins
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr 28, 2013, 05:28 AM
  4. eBay scam part 4
    By tenseventyfive in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Feb 08, 2011, 05:52 PM
  5. eBay scam part 2
    By tenseventyfive in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 07, 2011, 05:54 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0