Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess that is what you would call it.. I ordered a dvd set $30.00 + when i ordered it the seller had a 100% good feed back of 97...Now i look at what happened to my dvd's and now he has up a feedback up of 22 with the last 4 as he got his/her money but never shipped out the items.. I always check ones feed back before i order a item ... This is crazy how could they work out something like that ? The seller was ... castrabbit the item was Pie in the Sky dvd set item# 2916755927912 .... I do not under stand they had 100% good feed back and now they have a feed back of 22 with 4 not shipped ....

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless something happened to the seller. Like in hospital or sick. Had this happen with someone who had over 500 feedback and then never shipped anything. At least you're covered and get your money back. Just a little bit of a hassle I suppose.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not going to miss any sleep over it it was only $32.00 plus change.. I just do not know how they worked out something like that ..

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy, sorry to hear about this.
You should be covered for non delivery, so you really shouldn't be out anything, it is a pain though......
The person could have had something happen, it can happen, it happens.

I'm hoping this might make it a little better...... :laughing7:

goldhuntertim

Mar 16, 2014
west columbia sc.
Detector(s) used
org. gold bug ,prism 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello keppy that 100% of (97) that 97 was that the ## after the seller name that means the seller bought and sold that many item there could have been a number of reason it was shipped right if so check the tracking to see if it was delivered if it was it might have gotten feet and walked away but what ever the case is you should be protected by the buyers act open a case against the seller you will get your money back even if ebay has to take it from the sellers paypal account I do some ebay selling if hard to please every one but I try others they don't care .!!! to be honest I have a refund case against me the buyer said they never got there item I for got to put the tracking ## in well guess what THE BUYER IS BUSTED ACCORDING TO THE TRACKING NUMBER IT WAS DELIVERED SOME OF THE SMALL B-S I GOT TO PUT UP WITH

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
hello keppy that 100% of (97) that 97 was that the ## after the seller name that means the seller bought and sold that many item there could have been a number of reason it was shipped right if so check the tracking to see if it was delivered if it was it might have gotten feet and walked away but what ever the case is you should be protected by the buyers act open a case against the seller you will get your money back even if ebay has to take it from the sellers paypal account I do some ebay selling if hard to please every one but I try others they don't care .!!! to be honest I have a refund case against me the buyer said they never got there item I for got to put the tracking ## in well guess what THE BUYER IS BUSTED ACCORDING TO THE TRACKING NUMBER IT WAS DELIVERED SOME OF THE SMALL B-S I GOT TO PUT UP WITH
I never got a tracking number and now the last 5 buyers that bought from him have not got there items either... When i ordered my things from him/her there was no .. Negative Feedback on there site .. Now there is 5 negative the last 5 that ordered from him/her .. EBay name is .. castrabbit ..

Last edited:

goldhuntertim

Mar 16, 2014
west columbia sc.
Detector(s) used
org. gold bug ,prism 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those 5 buyers did they buy something after you did or was it before you bought yours or around the same day. if they were before you bought yours then there might be something wrong -- hospital - in jail - or worse (rip) god for bid any ways sorry for some of the bad apples that make us good ones like lemons if you would like to go and check out my items I go to auctions and then sell on ebay my sellers name is hunt4gold plus if you are looking for some thing in particular let me know I just might have it
I never got a tracking number and now the last 5 buyers that bought from him have not got there items either... When i ordered my things from him/her there was no .. Negative Feedback on there site .. Now there is 5 negative the last 5 that ordered from him/her .. EBay name is .. castrabbit ..

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure what makes this a scam?

File a claim, get your money back, move on with your life.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry that happened to you Keppy. It can be frustrating but at least you're covered!
Best of luck!

BobsKnob

Feb 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, beautiful people! I am here for the sole purpose of letting you know that castrabbit, a seller on eBay, is a complete and total rip-off. I purchased two items from them and was never provided a tracking number for the shipments nor did I ever receive the shipments. I messaged them to two separate times for the tracking numbers. Here was one of their replys: "Thanks again for your purchase. Your package was shipped via media mail with an average delivery time of 4 to 8 business days and should have arrived by now. I will have the distributor provide your tracking number and investigate your shipment. They send a lot of parcels at the same time that all come on one receipt from the post office. It takes a day or two for them to get back to me. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me again". So, beautiful people I then told castrabbit to stop what they're doing and provide my tracking now! Never heard from them again. I filed a claim with eBay and got my money back. If a seller tells you they have to get the tracking number from their distributor it's a good indication they're scamming you out of your money. What kind of a seller would not have immediate access to tracking numbers and customer information? A scam artist of course. What kind of seller would say they use a distributor to mail out orders when all they have for sale on eBay is 25 items? A scammer of course. I was the first to get ripped off by castrabbit. If you check out castrabbit's feedback on eBay you'll see the negative feedback I left them-you can't miss it I'm the one right above the last positive feedback they ever received. Once I left the negative feedback several other customer's negative feedback started pouring in. Another person on TreasureNet wrote castrabbit had a 100% positive feedback not long ago. True that is because I saw their 100% positive feedback prior to my rip-off purchases. So, castrabbit if you happen to be reading this I hope at this point you have a really itchy hemorrhoid and Freddy Kruger is scratching it for you with hot sauce on his fingertips. P.S. I also took the time to report you to PayPal and eBay for all the people you scammed!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Seriously, you joined this forum to warn people about this "scam"?

People, please, get with the program.

There are a lot of real scams out there but this is not one of them.

Buying things on ebay and never getting the item is not a scam. Ebay has had buyer protection in place for over a decade now. If you don't receive your item, file a claim. If there is no tracking number or the seller doesn't cooperate during the claims process, then the buyer will get their money back and be made whole again.

It is an inconvenience but you can get your money back, leave negative feedback, and move on with your life. The outcome will almost always be the same so I don't understand going through all this trouble to call out the scammer. I know you think you are helping others out by "outing a scammer" but you are really just wasting your time.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only time I have had a problem with Ebay is when I got a little anxious an bought something without paying really close attention. Never had a problem with shipping. The bad sellers eventually go away, the trick is not to be one of ones to get stuck in the middle.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Ebay put my money back to pay pal today .. The seller did not have one bad feed back when i bought but now he/she has 23 bad .. That is really in all my years on eBay i have had a problem..

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Seriously, you joined this forum to warn people about this "scam"?

People, please, get with the program.

There are a lot of real scams out there but this is not one of them.

Buying things on ebay and never getting the item is not a scam. Ebay has had buyer protection in place for over a decade now. If you don't receive your item, file a claim. If there is no tracking number or the seller doesn't cooperate during the claims process, then the buyer will get their money back and be made whole again.

It is an inconvenience but you can get your money back, leave negative feedback, and move on with your life. The outcome will almost always be the same so I don't understand going through all this trouble to call out the scammer. I know you think you are helping others out by "outing a scammer" but you are really just wasting your time.
jerseyben .. like i said before i was not going to miss any sleep over it ...And it was a scam as far as a lot of us see it ...........jerseyben i am sorry you did not like my post here but before i post in this forum again i will check with you to see if it meets up to your standard... And if i get your ok i will post here but if i do not i will not post here..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello, beautiful people! I am here for the sole purpose of letting you know that castrabbit, a seller on eBay, is a complete and total rip-off. I purchased two items from them and was never provided a tracking number for the shipments nor did I ever receive the shipments. I messaged them to two separate times for the tracking numbers. Here was one of their replys: "Thanks again for your purchase. Your package was shipped via media mail with an average delivery time of 4 to 8 business days and should have arrived by now. I will have the distributor provide your tracking number and investigate your shipment. They send a lot of parcels at the same time that all come on one receipt from the post office. It takes a day or two for them to get back to me. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me again". So, beautiful people I then told castrabbit to stop what they're doing and provide my tracking now! Never heard from them again. I filed a claim with eBay and got my money back. If a seller tells you they have to get the tracking number from their distributor it's a good indication they're scamming you out of your money. What kind of a seller would not have immediate access to tracking numbers and customer information? A scam artist of course. What kind of seller would say they use a distributor to mail out orders when all they have for sale on eBay is 25 items? A scammer of course. I was the first to get ripped off by castrabbit. If you check out castrabbit's feedback on eBay you'll see the negative feedback I left them-you can't miss it I'm the one right above the last positive feedback they ever received. Once I left the negative feedback several other customer's negative feedback started pouring in. Another person on TreasureNet wrote castrabbit had a 100% positive feedback not long ago. True that is because I saw their 100% positive feedback prior to my rip-off purchases. So, castrabbit if you happen to be reading this I hope at this point you have a really itchy hemorrhoid and Freddy Kruger is scratching it for you with hot sauce on his fingertips. P.S. I also took the time to report you to PayPal and eBay for all the people you scammed!
Well Ebay must have been on to what castrabbit was doing .. For only one hour after i filed my claim to ebay my money was back in my paypal account.. But jersyben does not think we should let people know about sellers like castrabbit...

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
?????????? I do not understand that type of statement unless you are CASTRABBIT...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
?????????? I do not understand that type of statement unless you are CASTRABBIT...

Keppy please do not quote peoples post who are going to be banned. I have to edit your post. Thank you!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
From the information given, I have to agree with JerseyBen. Last year I bought a countertop oven on eBay. The seller had near-100% rating. There was only one bad rating out of a TON of transactions, and it was just recently, so I trusted the masses and made my purchase. Suddenly there were many other people who, like me, did not get there purchases sent out by the seller. Not long after that (couple weeks maybe), that seller no longer existed. Things can happen. People die, are in accidents, get divorced, fire rages through their place and maybe their home, a child dies, etc, etc, etc..... When someone has a long-standing history of very-high ratings and lots of transactions, and all of a sudden everything goes south, there HAS to be a reason....something other than a scam.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread