Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was auctioning off a diamond ring, a guy bid $400.00 and won it. He never paid. So I looked up his handle and he has all negative feedback, though he is rated as all positive? So, IE: Positive feed back of 10 - click on those and they all say negative things? What am I missing?

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Report a non payment to ebay, they will shut him/her down sooner or later

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was auctioning off a diamond ring, a guy bid $400.00 and won it. He never paid. So I looked up his handle and he has all negative feedback, though he is rated as all positive? So, IE: Positive feed back of 10 - click on those and they all say negative things? What am I missing?

You can't leave negative feedback for a buyer, so people will click on positive so they can at least leave a comment.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like rather than follow ebay's automatic process to deal with non paying buyers (in which case they receive strikes against them), sellers are instead FOOLISHLY leaving "negative positives". Not only can this type of feedback be instantly removed, but it actually helps the buyer by boosting their feedback rating, under false pretenses.

Most of the time, I find that people are their own worst enemies.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FOOLISHLY leaving "negative positives". Not only can this type of feedback be instantly removed

If I can only leave a positive that is what i will do but then give negative info to anybody that reads it. Probably only sellers know you can not leave negative f/b. So a seller will see what I wrote and they will know to steer clear if they can.

as far as I know, none of my comments have ever been removed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions