What's moving?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What items are you selling, or what's selling the best this month? I'm coming off of probably my worst month in 4 years. horrible sales. I think my average for the month is $15. I so mostly jewelry, I have precious metals but I don't want to do the dump for scrap and call it good.

Just wondering how everyone else's summer, even though this is the beginning is going and what you're primarily selling? Or even just tell your sales are going?

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I sell pretty much anything I come across that I can make a buck on. Sales for the month have been somewhat slow but I think that's due to not having the time to list as much as I normally do. Have sold legos, snapback hats, prints, Cutco knife block, books, flatware.....

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I probably only had about 40 listings, but toys and video games were the best for me.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slow, real slow. Last few items sold were Toys, Flatware, and one set of Ceramic Owls. Having a real difficult time selling LEGO even at a low price. Normally those are my money maker.

FC-Treasure

Sep 9, 2011
Northern VA
So I'm into online retail in a big way. Right now, outdoor stuff is selling well, as is vacation related items. So everyone is going to the pool, having picnics, playing sports outside, or going on vacation. Yeah, so parents have the task of keeping their kids entertained while school is out.

In another 30 days it will be back to school stuff. If you have musical instruments, that would be the time to move them for the most money. (clarinets, trumpets, etc)

I wish I had time to list on eBay, I've got a stack of stuff that needs to be sold, e.g. a trumpet, a box of audio books, a bunch of legos, etc. I guess I will get to it eventually.

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super big month for me, actually with ebay my bill is 40.53 so must have sold around $400 all month.

But just yesterday $250 with a past ebay customer. (they buy once and i get their email and take them out of the ebay loop) and the big thing is my recycling. Over $1100 yesterday. I sold cell phones, computer green boards & Li Ion batteries filled the back of my HHR.

FC, thanks for info on musical instruments. I bought a flute for my daughter 15 years ago, she was awful on it. I ran across it a couple of weeks ago. That will get listed. But, right now I am in the process of selling her piano. After the flute my wife wanted clarinet, the daughter was even worse! Good thing it was a borrowed instrument. Then my wife thought about piano. So we bought a nice 1948 upright. Heather really learned to play that baby. She did jazz band in high school and orchestra in college. Even Disneyland invited her to play on main street three times. Now she has not touched it in over a year. Time to get rid of that boat anchor.

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
In answer to your first question, expired health supplements, vintage pin backs, vtg goggles, vtg pencil sharpener, blank cassette tapes, old 70-80's war/tactical board games, ankle weights, collectible reference book, old (new) wall phones, old (new) aluminum door mail slot, vtg hood ornament, old Rubbermaid ice pack, random ostomy med supplies....and this is just the stuff I packed today for this weeks sales. See the pattern in my items? Don't look too hard, their isn't one. Learning what sells, constantly learning what sells, in all departments (or at least many) is the key to good sales. I have no slow times except the ones I create by not listing new auctions. When I enter a thrift, I go to almost every section except clothes. I find items of value in most of them. Volume is another key. The more you list, the more you sell. I maintain about 600 items in two stores.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the input. I normally don't have a problem selling stuff. I will say I was out of town for four days but that shouldn't make a difference I don't think. I have about 300 listings in two different stores. 300 being at one. Being mainly jewelry. I do have some big items. I think recently since I made the post even my sales have picked up. I had gotten new furniture in my room and it just wasn't working like it used to. But I think I got the problem straightened out finally. To where I feel more comfortable getting the stuff up that I need to. Funny how changing stuff around really throws off everything. I have twice as much space now but the old way I had it for six years.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
My sales have come in groups. I sell everything that you can find in a thrift store. From jewelry to toys, to paintings, to calculators(I'm saving the TI-83s until mid to late July when the prices go up above $35 each). I will have a sale and then nothing for 3-4 days and then several sales in the same day. I was delivering some tables from Ohio to Virginia this past Saturday and during the 7 hour drive, I sold about 5 items for roughly $250. My monthly sales are averaging around $2K. I will do what DollarDan does and try to capture those emails.

Tom Bigbee

Feb 17, 2009
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In answer to your first question, expired health supplements, vintage pin backs, vtg goggles, vtg pencil sharpener, blank cassette tapes, old 70-80's war/tactical board games, ankle weights, collectible reference book, old (new) wall phones, old (new) aluminum door mail slot, vtg hood ornament, old Rubbermaid ice pack, random ostomy med supplies....and this is just the stuff I packed today for this weeks sales. See the pattern in my items? Don't look too hard, their isn't one. Learning what sells, constantly learning what sells, in all departments (or at least many) is the key to good sales. I have no slow times except the ones I create by not listing new auctions. When I enter a thrift, I go to almost every section except clothes. I find items of value in most of them. Volume is another key. The more you list, the more you sell. I maintain about 600 items in two stores.

Couldn't sell my vintage pinbacks... Bought 430 blank Sony 60 & 90 min. cassette tapes, still in shrink wrap, for $75, they are selling but slowly.... Just bought 20 Strike King crankbaits for 50 cents ea., new in packs. They will do good.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So slow for me I am going backwards. I have a mix of items but I guess not the right mix.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This month has been great on eBay for me. Sold all jewelry. Auctions have done decent. And bin is doing good. It's been good! Wish you all the best.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions