Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a set of the McCormik gunfighter whiskey decanters. I have the full set plus and extra Bat Masterson. They are un opened and in the boxes. Full of whiskey. Anyways thinking about E-Baying them but my concern is when I tilted one it seemed to leak. They were stored upright since 1968 so am sure the corks have shrunk. The tax seal are intact.
First can I sell them full?
Second do you think if I tilt them the cork might expand and hold? Even if I put "This side up" you all know how things get thrown around.

Thanks !
P.s hit a like if you reply to pull me back in I get lost in this place :tongue3:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might be wrong...But I don't think you can sell them full on Ebay.....Maybe someone that knows way more than I do can confirm that.....Maybe there is an exception on collectibles....

The cork will re swell, I wonder if you tilted it just enough that the liquid touches the cork, maybe it will suck it in the cork like a wick.... I would think it wouldn't hurt to try it for a couple of days to see what happens....Again...I'm not experienced in that....I know, I know...why respond if I don't know anything? Well?....... I wanted to write something?:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shame to waste good whiskey. I am thinking the cork might swell also.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shame to waste good whiskey. I am thinking the cork might swell also.

I wonder if not being sealed from the dried out cork.....It might not be any good. I don't know enough about whiskey to know if air will ruin it.....I know it tastes good otherwise!:laughing7: I do know that is one of the reasons why wine is stored on its side, I guess it's to keep the cork wet...How I know that? I have no clue, I don't do wine after being really sick off of it a few times! Maybe just bad experience or wine.:dontknow:

http://www.canitgobad.net/can-whiskey-go-bad/

According to this? You can sell them on Ebay if it's worded right, and falls into collectible...

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Archiv...l-in-them-when-you-sell-them-as/qaq-p/3647663

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. Some are sealed very well one not so much. They have been stored in the dark in a box for 50 years now. I might try to reseal the one cork and let them go as a set. I don't drink dark whiskey either/
If do.... Its fresh and clear from a mason jar :laughing7:
Thanks Nitric!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shipping might be a problem. The post office wouldn't even let me use a liquor box to ship something else in.

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
You could try to sell them intact and full but I think even eBay has policy's that prohibit selling alcohol and I'm sure that every shipping carrier has too . Now you could try to fracture those rules by word trickery or when asked at your local carrier " Just tell them no ".
I think your best best is to sell them locally on Craigslist or drink them first ... if you don't like Wiskey I'm sure you might know someone who does . You can safely transfer to another capped bottle .
And cap weeping can't hurt what's been inside getting ruffer for 50 years ... it's hotter now than when it was bottled ... I'd steam the seals and lift them carefully , then remove the stuff to another sealed bottle and re - glue the paper seal back ... then your free to sell them everywhere and you or your friend that got the contents will be so damn drunk knowone will care .... IMHO , Woodstock

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold a full bottle M*A*S*H* 4077 vodka dispensing system once on eBay. I don't know how it was found but it was seized by the USPS and I got a warning letter about it. I had previously shipped full bottles in the past though with no issues. Haven't tried since then, lol. As far as sealing the bottle, if you aren't worried about the tax label being broke you can place some saran wrap or cling wrap around the cork and replace it back in the bottle. I have used this method before with open perfumes that had glass stoppers. I have some collectible miniatures (full) that I need to list some day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions