All Treasure Hunting

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On an item that expensive I would ship by priority mail with insurance and adult signature required/restricted upon delivery.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
If you are really concerned - I would follow flinthunter's advice and go one step further. I would take a few pictures of the Avery being wrapped and placed into the shipping box.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed, get it insured and a signature. That way you'll be 99% good. The last 1% is left to God and remember we were all zero feedback at one time.

I have NEVER had a problem with a zero feedback buyer since 1999.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep you should be good. Insure and signature. The only problem I've ever had with a 0% feedback is that they don't pay for stuff so I would say if they paid you're probably ahead!

OP
OP
SDIceMan

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. I've followed your instructions and the package will be heading out today. I'll keep you posted on the outcome. Just as an aside, I owe a big thank you to these forums because without them I wouldn't have been familiar with Avery jewelry to know I could turn it for a profit. So thank you!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give the buyer a call, just to let them know it is going today. (you are really scoping them out)

Since this is TX could you be sending this to a freight forwarder who then ships it to mexico?

Put it in a big box, less chance of it getting "lost"

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I sell a lot of stuff to Texas, Florida, and California. And I always insure anything over $100.00. And sometimes I just opt for the free $50 in insurance just so it shows on the postage and possibly deters anyone on "the inside" who might be tempted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions