diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was scrolling all the way down to the bottom of my selling page today, something I rarely do actually, and saw a notice for a return of a damaged item. :dontknow: I'm thinking what the heck is this about? I see it is dated Aug.30 with a refund due date of Sept.2, hmm today's the 12th?
I seem to remember getting a message from ebay the last time this occurred. Granted it has been a couple years at least but nonetheless I remember being messaged about it. Shouldn't a seller be notified in their "messages" that a buyer has requested a return? And why has no action been taken since it said Sept.2? Anybody had any return requests lately?

This was for 6 Villeroy & Boch plates. At any rate I offered a more than fair partial money return since only 2 of the plates were damaged. We'll see what happens.

PS- The one photo they sent looks very suspect to me also, as I do not (barely) wrap my items the way they showed in the photo. I use enough bubble wrap to choke a horse, I get it for free. I also do not use paper towels either which this clearly shows, not to mention a couple pieces of styrofoam peanuts which I also did not use. However, I can't contest it with no video proof of me wrapping it.

RtnDownloadFile

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, it's a sad world when you have to video every aspect of your existence just to cover your own butt.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, it's a sad world when you have to video every aspect of your existence just to cover your own butt.

How is that an indication of a "sad world"? It is called doing business. Every business involves risk. I also disagree that you have to video everything to protect yourself. Just use common sense and don't take unnecessary risks. Every once in a while, unfair things will happen, but overall you should be just fine.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry Ben, I guess you haven't read other posts I've made on this subject. We live "literally" in the middle of nowhere. Nearly 50 miles from town and no neighbors for more than a mile. You might "think" we would be left alone way out here. ...You'd be wrong!! And, our recordings have been needed for court. If not for our recordings, I honestly don't know where we'd be right now - certainly not here.

Also, I wasn't using diggumup's post as an "indicator", but rather making a generalized blanket statement. You and most others may not agree, but then this forum is all about opinions. No harm meant.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a sad world in general nowadays and even sadder right here in the US lately. Anyone who doesn't believe that either lives with blinders on or isn't facing reality. That being said, I have never video taped anything for ebay shipping purposes, nor would I. If it comes to that I will just quit selling on there. It's a hobby for me, not a business.

I'm more interested in knowing why I wasn't notified via ebay messages that I had a return item case opened against me. That was the real gist of my post as indicated by the red highlighted font in my opening post.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a return request last month and i was notified about every aspect. I even approved for me to pay for the return label my customer was to use. The only thing I was worried about was the cost of the return label. It cost me about $15 to mail but ebay billed me around $4 to return. (never got a bill for the difference so maybe that is what a return costs)

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a return request last month and i was notified about every aspect. I even approved for me to pay for the return label my customer was to use. The only thing I was worried about was the cost of the return label. It cost me about $15 to mail but ebay billed me around $4 to return. (never got a bill for the difference so maybe that is what a return costs)
Thanks for the reply. I thought so. I just checked again to make sure I didn't overlook any messages and nothing. Strange.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread