cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never opened a store with them. Even though my sales were OK using their 50 free every month, I was content. I also feel the "store" costs would have eaten into my profits. I know what to expect in costs when I place my auction. If I had a store the costs would be all over the place based of quantity of sales + the std fee.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Closed my ebay store. Not enough revenue to be able to make a profit. Ebay was getting what I made, maybe I broke even but doubt it. Soooo ever since I canceled I have not sold one item. I have had slow times before but not never like this.

Come on man... You can't be serious. You are blaming your lack of turning a profit and now lack of sales on ebay?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...I canceled I have not sold one item...
metal_detector.gif
Don't log in but visit as a guest and do a search with a few terms based on your description. If you items come up - you are just having a dry spell. If your items don't come up...well...

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I have never opened a store with them. Even though my sales were OK using their 50 free every month, I was content. I also feel the "store" costs would have eaten into my profits. I know what to expect in costs when I place my auction. If I had a store the costs would be all over the place based of quantity of sales + the std fee.

You get an extra % off the fees if you have a store. If sales volume is high enough that covers your monthly store cost.

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on man... You can't be serious. You are blaming your lack of turning a profit and now lack of sales on ebay?

Yes I am. It is not my fault. We all know that.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not you. My sales have been awful this month. Absolutely awful. I believe it has something to do with the election. But I don't know I don't remember being this bad for a while either not this time of year especially.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You get an extra % off the fees if you have a store. If sales volume is high enough that covers your monthly store cost.
some months it would have helped.

don't tell feeBay but I am content with a straight 10% fee on each sale. I have it and paypal's fee built into every auction.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
My sales for this month are also in the crapper. I've been assuming it was due to not listing much over the last couple weeks.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, your right. It was supposed to be a secret but I guess you figured it out.

Ebay sent us all a PM telling us they where going to push you over the ledge. I will not even mention what Facebook is telling folks.

But hey man, your still cool in my book, no matter what anyone says about you.

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, your right. It was supposed to be a secret but I guess you figured it out.

Ebay sent us all a PM telling us they where going to push you over the ledge. I will not even mention what Facebook is telling folks.

But hey man, your still cool in my book, no matter what anyone says about you.

They are not very nice over there on facebook. Anyway since things are slow I heard of a possible Moving sale at some white house in the DC area. Maybe I can find something there that I can sell.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Man I have had some high points and low points of ebay. Had my store since 2005 now, when it gets really low I just stop selling and will wait about 6 months and then dump it all.

I do not know about facebook man, I was just poking fun is all, nothing personal by it.

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not know about facebook man, I was just poking fun is all, nothing personal by it.

I can take a joke and knew you were just having some fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread