Bs Bs

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479069006.090135.jpg they might as well remove all world war ll history

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead: stupidity that Such Crybabies are allowed to Make rules :(

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479070751.246536.jpg this is what they took down

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1380875 this is what they took down

These people must Hide under their Beds when Hunting Hitler is on TV :dontknow:

have they stopped their children from taking history class when they discuss ww2
or have they just banned Hitler from the curriculum ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same thing happen to a listing of mine, Cheech. I was selling a plain white platter-style plate, presumably from a WWII-era mess hall, marked 'Waffen SS' on the bottom. The plate was fairly unremarkable aside from that marking. I put it up for a 7-day auction and, thankfully, it lasted for the duration and sold. It was only after the sale that eBay sent me a similar message to the one you received and my listing disappeared from my 'sold' category.

While I certainly am not advocating breaking eBay's policies, I think a BIN is a better option for questionable items. That way, a buyer may be able to purchase it before eBay pulls it, or a potential buyer might see your listing and be able to message you even after the item is pulled.

I had a second similar discussion to this after my experience trying to sell vintage Hubley cap guns that didn't have orange tips on the barrels. I was unaware of this policy at the time, and it seemed eBay would pull some listings for the absence of orange tips, and not pull others. The end result seemed to be that frustrated sellers were trying for a quick BIN sale rather than risking an auction, and fall victim to the sporadically enforced eBay policies during the auction duration.

Last edited:

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe any Nazi related item are illegal in Germany, maybe be other countries. So just like out Government Ebay does what other countries say to do.

Allowed

• Stamps, letters, and envelopes displaying Nazi postmarks (must comply with the currency and stamp policy)

• Currency issued by the Nazi German government, including military scripts

• Historically accurate WWII military model kits that have Nazi symbols
iconNotAllowed_25x25.gif

Not allowed
Items that are not permitted include, but are not limited to:

• Historical Holocaust-related items, including reproductions such as:
    • Uniforms and personal belongings of concentration camp prisoners

• Jewish identification (armbands, Star of David)

• Holocaust photos that depict dead bodies, executions, or other violent or degrading scenes

• Nazi-issued documents (passports, travel papers)

• Historical Nazi-related items, including reproductions such as:
    • Uniforms, uniform components, weapons, or other items that bear Nazi symbols, whether visible or covered

• Listings in which images are edited or cropped to try and hide Nazi symbols

• Denazified items (items that originally had Nazi symbols that have been removed)

• 1936 Olympic medals

• Items that were owned by, affiliated with, or books written by Nazi leaders such as:
      • Joseph Goebbels

• Hermann Goering

• Rudolf Hess

• Reinhard Heydrich

• Heinrich Himmler

• Adolf Hitler

• Media identified as Nazi propaganda or that otherwise promote hatred or racial supremacy including historic and current items

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe any Nazi related item are illegal in Germany, maybe be other countries. So just like out Government Ebay does what other countries say to do.

Allowed

• Stamps, letters, and envelopes displaying Nazi postmarks (must comply with the currency and stamp policy)
  • Currency issued by the Nazi German government, including military scripts
  • Historically accurate WWII military model kits that have Nazi symbols
iconNotAllowed_25x25.gif

Not allowed
Items that are not permitted include, but are not limited to:

• Historical Holocaust-related items, including reproductions such as:
    • Uniforms and personal belongings of concentration camp prisoners
    • Jewish identification (armbands, Star of David)
    • Holocaust photos that depict dead bodies, executions, or other violent or degrading scenes
    • Nazi-issued documents (passports, travel papers)
  • Historical Nazi-related items, including reproductions such as:
    • Uniforms, uniform components, weapons, or other items that bear Nazi symbols, whether visible or covered
    • Listings in which images are edited or cropped to try and hide Nazi symbols
    • Denazified items (items that originally had Nazi symbols that have been removed)
    • 1936 Olympic medals
    • Items that were owned by, affiliated with, or books written by Nazi leaders such as:
      • Joseph Goebbels
      • Hermann Goering
      • Rudolf Hess
      • Reinhard Heydrich
      • Heinrich Himmler
      • Adolf Hitler
  • Media identified as Nazi propaganda or that otherwise promote hatred or racial supremacy including historic and current items

Personally, I'd be ok with everything but pics of any dead or Injured People.
not just holocaust victims.
firearms and knives could also be a problem due to shipping issues, and tnet rules.
other then that. It's just History & Shouldn't Offend anyone who believes in Freedom

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Completed listings just make you wonder how they determine what stays and what goes
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479084978.081303.jpg
Maybe I'll wait a little while and take off the international shipping and try it again

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet it was a seller that has simular related items for sale and just wanted to get rid of some competition that reported you.

iceman: I once sold a very realistic boys 1940ish cap gun. I know ebays dumb rules about orange tips. This was a very nice collectible, I just went into paint shop and sprayed a realistic orange tip and made some mention in my listing that the tip was not real. SOLD, no problem.

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol nice work cyberdan. I still come across those vintage toy cap guns from time to time but I pass on them now because of eBay's policy regarding the tips. I've considered using one of those neon foam earplugs and a little double-sided tape to get past the moderators, but I do admire your commitment to realism! :)

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow I didn't know that, i have bought some German coins and stamps before from the 30's and 40's

GarageSaleKing

Sep 12, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same thing happen to a listing of mine, Cheech. I was selling a plain white platter-style plate, presumably from a WWII-era mess hall, marked 'Waffen SS' on the bottom. The plate was fairly unremarkable aside from that marking. I put it up for a 7-day auction and, thankfully, it lasted for the duration and sold. It was only after the sale that eBay sent me a similar message to the one you received and my listing disappeared from my 'sold' category.

While I certainly am not advocating breaking eBay's policies, I think a BIN is a better option for questionable items. That way, a buyer may be able to purchase it before eBay pulls it, or a potential buyer might see your listing and be able to message you even after the item is pulled.

I had a second similar discussion to this after my experience trying to sell vintage Hubley cap guns that didn't have orange tips on the barrels. I was unaware of this policy at the time, and it seemed eBay would pull some listings for the absence of orange tips, and not pull others. The end result seemed to be that frustrated sellers were trying for a quick BIN sale rather than risking an auction, and fall victim to the sporadically enforced eBay policies during the auction duration.

Yeah, ebay has pulled both on me. I once was selling a token with a swastika, they took it down. Same thing with an old cap gun without an orange tip. All I can say is put it somewhere else. Ebay loses sales with those items, which means they are losing money. Too bad for them.:icon_king:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't buy anything Nazi related due to eBay's policies on resale.
There is good money to be made for authentic TR items. You just have to know where to sell them. There are a couple good websites that I know of offhand, that can be used as avenues to sell German TR era merchandise. I think this one is free once you register and become a member- Main Index - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics Others you just have to pay a $20 or $25 fee to become an association member, like this one- Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have never understood the policy on Nazi memorabilia. You cant sell Nazi badges or uniform items and things of that nature. But you can sell stamps and coins that have a swastika on them from germany. They took down an auction I had because it was from Nazi Germany. I called and complained and was told too bad. Id they are banning Nazi related items, why not ban Japanese items from that periond and Russian items also. Those 2 countries werent exactly angels. But I guess not enough people are offended by them.

Wow I didn't know that, i have bought some German coins and stamps before from the 30's and 40's

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never understood the policy on Nazi memorabilia. You cant sell Nazi badges or uniform items and things of that nature. But you can sell stamps and coins that have a swastika on them from germany. They took down an auction I had because it was from Nazi Germany. I called and complained and was told too bad. Id they are banning Nazi related items, why not ban Japanese items from that periond and Russian items also. Those 2 countries werent exactly angels. But I guess not enough people are offended by them.

Dare I say it ? :unhappysmiley:
I believe it's called Munchausen syndrome.
a psychiatric factitious disorder wherein those affected feign disease, illness, or psychological trauma to draw attention, sympathy, or reassurance to themselves

there are not enough Proxy Victims running around blaming the Ancestors
of the Japanese & Russians for their present lives.

There is still Pity & in some cases maybe even money
and land to be made by being a imaginary proxy Victim of some Nazi ,
Slave owner, settler
or 19th Century gold Miner who is long dead & gone.

Last edited:

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I'm a coin collector and have purchased 2 and 5 Mark German Third Reich silver coins with Swastikas on them from Ebay. I haven't purchased any in some yrs now and go to pawn shops now. I also collect Civil War items and I purchase 'The Stars and Bars' Confederate flags whenever I can. (Also, back in 1994, I found an oval Civil War era U S belt plate in central Minnesota and had it authenticated at an Antiques Roadshow. By chance, I found it while detecting on the 131st anniversary of the beginning of the battle of Gettysburg on July 1, 1863.
There is nothing wrong with owning or displaying these items. The only problem is the weird, unknowing people that oppose these items for whatever reason that might come to their minds. These items are HISTORY to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread