Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did, long story but it came out of the blue.
Was a top rated power seller when they dropped the guillotine on me - Can't say I had no blame in what happened, but seemed pretty harsh at the time as I didn't do anything major.

Wasn't totally banned, I forget the exact phrasing but I can still access the site and buy if I want to [which I rarely ever do]

I know there are workarounds and people create new accounts, doesn't seem worth the hassle to me.
From what I understand, it is pretty rare for them to reinstate anyone. I did inquire once after about a year, and they basically said get lost.

My DSR at the time was
Item as described, 4.9/5
Communication 4.9/5
Shipping time 4.9/5
Shipping charges 5/5

With 4,300 fb. My last year, 315+, 1 neutral and 3 negs.

I checked out this ebay suspension "support" forum
EBAY Suspensions - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

Any question you ask, the guy that runs the place says PM me, I can help !
He then asks you to send him $150 and he will see what he can do, no guarantees, so I passed on the service.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you'd be better off getting lost when out looking for tamales. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a coincidence, it was a tamale deal gone bad that got me kicked off !

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I was suspended back in the 90s for having my buddy bid my stuff up to a minimum price! It was called shill bidding! I had him bid on two items to make sure they didn't sell for less than $50 I think. Funny thing is our userIDs were pretty close because I had showed him my ID and he used it as guide to create his account. The auction was a couple years later. I was suspended for a month I think. I started using my wife's account and then only sold maybe 10 items a year at most. By the time it occurred to me to go back and use my original account...the email address was obsolete.
I did get suspended for 3 days because I sold a really nice advertised fake Rolex. Even though it was listed as a fake Rolex and the sale went through I spoke to EBay and I learned Rolex contacts them on a regular basis and does not want any replica or fake Rolex stuff ever sold. The buyer contacted me to make sure I was still sending the watch after the auction was removed. I sell watches in lots now...ANY Rolex watches are not listed or mentioned...they just might be buried in the group of watches!

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sell watches in lots now...ANY Rolex watches are not listed or mentioned...they just might be buried in the group of watches!
good to know. I probably have a dozen Rolex. pretty sure all are fake. some look real nice. Might do a lot of several watches and just show the watch among others. But then the buyer might see it and think he will be getting a rolex and when he get the package contact mt for selling him a fake.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Cyberdan...look up sold watch lots and you'll see the Rolex ones in the pictures. Folks know it's a fake but they still want to take a chance. I tried to end an auction for a watch I found out was fake(not a Rolex). EBay folks said it was too late to end it but cancel all the bids. I added info to tell folks I was contacted that the watch was possibly fake and DO NOT BID. Folks kept messaging me asking for me to sell it to them anyway. Last minute this guy bids and wins at $200.00+ and I refund him and tell him he missed the part of the auction where I said it was fake and don't bid. He left me negative feedback saying "The watch was fake". So I only sell possibly "fake" watches in groups with Anne Klein, TIMEX, Citizens, Casios, etc...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread