Small claims court.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably won't happen I'm guessing. But here's something that happened today for me. About eight months ago a friend of mine did not have any work. So I helped him set up an eBay account. showed him how to sell things. He did not have anything to sell so I gave him some items I didn't really want to mess with to get him started....When it came time to do the listings, he wanted me to list. when the stuff sold he wanted me to ship it for him. And then he wanted me to give him more items to sell. So basically i did the work and he got the $$. I overheard him telling somebody else that and I quit helping him. But i told him he needs to keep money in his account so that he can pay his eBay fees at the end of the month.

I get a phone call today, 5 months later, that he wants to take me to court. he now owes over $400 on his eBay fees from not paying them. His bank has gone -$600+ with all late fees of not paying it. Or he said I can just go to the bank and put $1000 in his account right now. Lol! Yeah right! I helped you, I got you set up and basically was doing all the work for you. You had to leave $23 in your account to pay your eBay fees and you chose not to. That is not my fault. He yells out, going to take you to court! And hangs up!!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see a judge throwing that case out the window!
I hope he is NOT you friend anymore....

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
he's going to take you to court? who will file and pay the fees for him?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
The Small Claims Court suit will likely never come to be but if it does, then Counter-Sue him for the items you gave him to sell and for your time and trouble for listing, selling and shipping them. Friends like him should be dropped from your' friend list like a ton of lead bars into the ocean! I had a friend well over ten years ago that was a former Bass player for many big names in Nashville, is/was a World Class Wood Carver and at one time, his' wood carvings were sought after by everyone that owned or had seen his' carved pieces which included some of the richest folks here in the U.S. and elsewhere. He got into a financial bind and could not meet his mortgage or electric bill payments. I bailed him out several times but due to him being an alcoholic and apparently being Bipolar, he kept digging a deeper and deeper financial hole. I even took him to a Gun Show in a city over 100 miles away, so that he might get some orders for wood carvings. I drove my' truck, paid for the tables to set up at the Gun Show, paid for the food, paid for the Motel room and even did my best to promote him to every customer that came by our tables, then later I found out that he sold two of my' Seated Liberty Dimes that were valued at over $650 and which were priced at $350 for the pair, for a measly $100 and pocketed the money. Needless to say, when he called in the future, I never answered and never visited him again.

Frank

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys. Sometimes I sit and wonder why it was that we chose to move way out in the middle of nowhere, away from people. Now I remember! :BangHead:

Is too bad we couldn't build a city where ONLY good people could live - that somehow all bad people and all bad deeds just simply could not exist. Oh, and tell Wally that Beaver is looking for him!! :laughing7:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
His entire life is probably an entitlement issue.

I'd call him up every few days and ask when the court date is.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys. Sometimes I sit and wonder why it was that we chose to move way out in the middle of nowhere, away from people. Now I remember! :BangHead:

Is too bad we couldn't build a city where ONLY good people could live - that somehow all bad people and all bad deeds just simply could not exist. Oh, and tell Wally that Beaver is looking for him!! :laughing7:

It has been tried!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I won't respond to the calls from now on. There were a couple other times before that we would go do something and he would never have any money. Like we went out to the bar one night and he ordered first round of drinks and then the lady said it'll be $12 and you got to pay i don't have any money. He had a friend in town and called and asked me for $100 so they can go out to the club. Wanted me to go on vacation with him and his girlfriend so that I could pay for everything because he had no money. And call me one asked if I would buy him and his sister movie tickets because he didn't have any money to go to the movies and He wanted to see something that just came out. To be honest I think it's the best friendship I ever lost!!

I learned my lesson though I don't think I will try to help anybody anymore. As far as teaching them how to sell mine. I feel like I tried to help him and six months later he still trying to take advantage of me. I honestly feel like since my children are adopted he wanted me to adopt him. He's a grown 24 yr old pos!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
There are entire families who are that way. Don't sweat it. Once it's all behind you, leave it there and move on. Life is too short!

...Yes, I know - that doesn't make it any easier, or hurt any less.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No good deed goes unpunished .

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
psst --what you had is called "a leech"--not a friend...know the difference ..leeches are only "friends" with you to get stuff out of you ..when the "free crap" dries up , so does the "friendship"....

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are entire families who are that way. Don't sweat it. Once it's all behind you, leave it there and move on. Life is too short!

...Yes, I know - that doesn't make it any easier, or hurt any less.

Life teaches us lessons. Sometimes the tuition is expensive, sometimes it's not. I would say be thankful you didn't lose out any more than your time and some stuff you really didn't want anyway.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome words WT! If you don't mind, I'd like to copy-n-paste them in another thread currently happening on Tnet, as your post fits in precisely. :notworthy:

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome words WT! If you don't mind, I'd like to copy-n-paste them in another thread currently happening on Tnet, as your post fits in precisely. :notworthy:

Feel free, I am pretty sure I'm paraphrasing that from some other message board, somewhere LOL

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Two sayings to live by:

"No good deed goes unpunished"

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

And for the single men:

"Nice guys don't finish last, they finish DEAD last!"

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
also " don't trust whitey"

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This guy is a friend? :BangHead: Man what do the guys who don't like you do to you:icon_scratch:? If some body wants to be your buddy in the future ya might want to think about doing a background check on them first.:occasion14:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe you could give him a broken leg for christmas?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the comments some of them are pretty funny. I especially like the one saying he's not a friend he's a leech.

Speaking of lawsuits I was awarded $ from one today I didn't even know was part of. Nice little Christmas bonus right before the holidays!

As for the leech I don't intend to ever answer anything he has to say. I'm even thinking about buying one of his items and leaving a negative feedback. If I do that he will call over and over and over again to figure out what happened so I'll just let it be dead in the water like it is now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions