E-bs!

SoCalNYGGirl

Greenie
Dec 27, 2016
So cal
Primary Interest:
Other
I was recently a victim of eBays "buyer protection" "guarantee". Yes, they do guarantee buyers they will rip sellers off. I had a bait/buy/switch case opened. Lady switched a very expensive perfume bottle on me. Returned to me was NOT even the same bottle. NOT the same packaging and to top it off, was NOT even my box (had her co criminals address on it). EBay told me my photos could have been switched. Now how could they look at my bottle, description, size and Color and tell me she was in favor? I have no idea. They made MEEE refund her!! It was a totally different bottle..unreal.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that, i've been lucky and never had that problem--happy holidays

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if their is a good way around that type of scam. It may be luck of the draw. If at all possible i would talk to ebay and see if this person has a history of returns and complaints like yours. If not, then at least have it put on the record to establish a pattern.

OP
OP
SoCalNYGGirl

SoCalNYGGirl

Greenie
Dec 27, 2016
So cal
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh I went rounds with eBay, got nowhere. So...I did some digging myself. I traced the person's buying pattern vs selling..then came across a common link. I found, wish im nearly positive to be due to the fact my bottle had a specific mark on it from aging, listed in a Canadian selling site!! Ironically, the seller was from same city and state as the scammer. I took that info to eBay...they could care less. To me, it wasn't about the money our bottle, it was about the the integrity of the evidence and it being so quickly dismissed. Giving a refund, yes, was NOT the best day ever, I had insurance to cover part of it, beyond that..I just felt like I was treated unfair by those money hungry thieves that wouldn't even be a company without sellers. Anyway, thanks for your responses, I needed to vent that! Ha!

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the shipping was through USPS, file a mail fraud complaint with USPS. They take this very seriously.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, welcome to the forum, a fresh face is always welcome. Sorry to hear about this. Some people lie, cheat, scam and steal for a living. This was probably a one of those instances. Can we have the name of the buyer so we can block these fools? No rules here against it. I even started a thread for it a while back. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/a...-problem-ebay-customers-here-sellers-too.html I sell a lot of perfume from time to time so I don't want to run across these thieves. Luckily most people are honest still, to a certain point anyway. Good luck and looking forward to more of your posts.

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have sold a lot on ebay, and have been lucky so far and have not ran into a seller like that. I guess it is just a risk of doing business online.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
always film urself from start to finish when opening the package. make sure you get all the relevant info on the film BEFORE opening(sender's address, the shipping label)

OP
OP
SoCalNYGGirl

SoCalNYGGirl

Greenie
Dec 27, 2016
So cal
Primary Interest:
Other
Angela codner, is her name..her user name was lilycod...with a few numbers after it. I'll have to carbon my notebook to varify. Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread