cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope I do not make this complicated, plus a little background history.

First, I do not do my ebay listings through ebay. I use Auctiva.com It costs me $10 a month but it is worth it to me. At the beginning Auctiva was a free listing service, (& they said they would always be free) they made their money by offering shipping insurance. Then this company bought them and ZAP $10.00 a month. I quit but then got fed up with turdolister on ebay and went back.

The company that bought them was Alibaba, a chinese company that I have talked about several times on t-net. I do not trust that company. It's webstores are known for selling counterfeit goods. Just google "Alibaba counterfeit" over 6000 hits on this and of course china is the fake capitol of the solar system.

Now, down to the new selling venue. I just got an email from Auctiva announcing a "new" site called Pick Perfect. I did some research and it looks like that company is owned by Opensky a New york company that shows no connection to Alibaba. But digging a little further Alibaba owns 37% of Opensky.

Anyway I will signup as their fees are less than ebay and no listing fees.

This is basically what they do. (you have to be an Auctiva member though)
When you list an item on ebay you can also choose to add it to Pick Perfect, if it sells on either site it will be deleted from the other.
They will also show your products to shoppers on sites they already visit, including Facebook and Google Shopping.

If anything it is getting my products out to more faces. But, they do not let you sell just anything. Actually a lot less is allowed than on ebay.
Here are their categories: Apparel, Accessories, Jewelry, Electronics, Home, Sporting Goods, Collectibles & Kitchen

============================================================

Edit update. The email pushing their product said Auctiva users can sign-up the costs are 8% commission. So I have basically wasted my time and your time. I pay $10 a month. No where did they say I have to upgrade my auctive to a $20 a month plan. I went to their site to register and then I saw the fine print. Sorry.

Last edited:

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks for the post. You probably saved a lot of people a lot of time. Always good to share information.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rarely use Ebay I started posting on Offer Up to make sells. Its working out pretty well.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I buy on Offer Up but never sell. I need to start doing more sales "off the grid".

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never heard of most of these sites, and I need to sell a LOT of stuff!! Maybe someone, some day, will post a thread about different online venues to sell on. I've been saying I was going to sign up on eBay, but keep hearing so much bad about it. Have thought about Craigslist, but we live so far away from any metropolis that we'd have limited views, I think. Not to mention all the horror stories of scammers.

I wish there was a site like Amazon, but specifically with used items in mind. That would be nice, I think, but it would probably turn into the same thing eBay has. Hell, maybe I should just haul the semi trailer down to the twin cities and have a giant auction to pay for the trip! :laughing7:

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never heard of offer up, but I sell on Etsy

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked out OFFERUP and it can only be used by cell phone. That won't work for me. My phone has a big screen but I need glasses to read anything other than text messages and no way can I type any words without making a mistake every other word. (I have 20/20 vision but not for reading) If they want more customers they sure need to write a program for listing by computer.

I see I can buy buy computer. Just did some window shopping and saw a vintage coleman stove for $1 and similar SOLD on feeBay goes for $25 + $45 shipping. Not a bad markup. I was even thinking of contacting the seller but then noticed the ad was placed 8 months ago. I don't want to waste my time.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe someone, some day, will post a thread about different online venues to sell on.

I've been saying I was going to sign up on eBay, but keep hearing so much bad about it.

Good idea, I will do that right away.

Don't let the bad posts about ebay scare you off. I am sure every auction/sell site had good and bad reviews. ebay is so huge and there are so many scammers (& idiot customers) out there you are bound to heard many bad experiences, besides this forum is specifically for ebay sellers. We will hear more experiences here. I think more that 99% of my buy/sell experiences went off very well.

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never had any problems with Ebay, been on since 1999. Only problems I have ever had were my mistakes.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
eBay is generally ok. Best site out there by far. The real problem is the fees!!

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread