Need ideas for places to sell other than ebay.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In another of my posts it was mentioned that we need more places to sell on than ebay.

Where do you all sell besides ebay and amazon?

I used to sell on half.com
You can only list books, videos and computer games. Looks like ebay now owns it and many books are listed at .01¢ there is no way I can compete with those prices. I had a lot of items listed at one time (40 to 50) but got tired of them taking up space so I donated all to my local library and got a tax write off receipt. The only books that did sell nicely were my daughter's college text books. On almost every one I stated "used but looks like my daughter never even opened them"

I also list on etsy.com
You can only sell hand crafted items and craft supplies. (I sell driftwood, soon I will be selling driftwood crafts)

Also bonanza.com
Only sold 3 things in 2014 and one was not paid for.

Also fiverr.com
Used to be everything sold for $5 but now people are charging more and it is getting harder find a bargain. I spend more there than I sell. I mainly list my e-books on how to do things. Most listings are digitally related. I have hired writers and artists mostly.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mostly sell coins or other small items, usually collectibles. Even with all its warts, eBay is still the best venue for me.

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can also sell anything 20 years or older on Etsy as this is considered vintage.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can also sell anything 20 years or older on Etsy as this is considered vintage.

20?? vintage?? I guess I am getting old. 20 is just getting broke in. I have a shirt I wore when I was in the Navy (CB's) it is over 40 and I am just thinking of looking for a newer one. I always wear it to yardsales. It still fits but it is a little hard to button, must have shrunk a bit over the years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread