Did eBay eliminate the option to set an auto-decline price for OBO listings?

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just listed last night and it's still in the app for iPhones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Found this EBay: Add auto-decline / auto-accept...

OP
OP
WhiteTornado

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always list through my laptop, full Windows environment. Maybe my listing page has defaulted to some new beta version or something. I no longer see that option for adding an auto-decline threshold. I'll have to look at it once again, more thoroughly.

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have to click on best offer to get to that option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
WhiteTornado

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is what I see when I'm on the "sell" screen. I don't see any place to set the auto-decline price:

OBO listing example.jpg

OP
OP
WhiteTornado

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nevermind, I figured it out. Turns out you have to use the Advanced tool to see those options, and I was using the Basic tool by default. Thanks everyone.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nevermind, I figured it out. Turns out you have to use the Advanced tool to see those options, and I was using the Basic tool by default. Thanks everyone.
Thats another reason I like auctiva over the ebay listing page. Everything is on one long page. Also I will never use my phone to list anything. Even with a big screen I have to scroll all over the place to see a complete page AND when I type anything I constantly make typos. I very rarely type any text messages for the same reason. I can dictate to my phone and it understands pretty well.

OP
OP
WhiteTornado

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Auctiva and it is still there in their listing page.

Thanks, I have never used Auctiva but certainly have seen it used. Do you have some basic info, such as cost, and whether or not you need an eBay store or certain seller level to use it? Also, with eBay's coming changes that will remove "active content" from the auction listing body, will that disable Auctiva or reduce its effectiveness at all?

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I have never used Auctiva but certainly have seen it used. Do you have some basic info, such as cost, and whether or not you need an eBay store or certain seller level to use it? Also, with eBay's coming changes that will remove "active content" from the auction listing body, will that disable Auctiva or reduce its effectiveness at all?
Cost $10 month for any ebay seller. I will not have a "store" I think I already got email that the new changes are taken care of.

You upload you photos.
Write ebay ad.
Tell it when to list.

All auctions and photos are never deleted.
If months later you have an exact same item to list just open old listing and repost.

OP
OP
WhiteTornado

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread