Post office rolling out new equipment that will measure, weigh and compare label

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always round up anyway. I don't think anyone should be getting courtesy notices, the packages should be returned. It would get the message across quicker and effectively.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They said on the news the other day that they missed their budget for Christmas so that would explain why they need to get revenues back up....

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm with GibH, I always round up. And I avoid the clerk that says padded flat rate envelopes are supposed to be FLAT! If it fits in the envelope...it gets mailed!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with GibH, I always round up. And I avoid the clerk that says padded flat rate envelopes are supposed to be FLAT! If it fits in the envelope...it gets mailed!

To quote the USPS, if it fits, it ships. Damn straight.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LOL, have you actually had a postal clerk tell you that? If so, remind him/her that "flat" means the rate, not the shape! :icon_scratch:

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
She actually said that. I didn't want to antagonize her by pointing out facts. I just print from home or go to the guys if I have a padded envelope...because mine are NEVER flat. LOL

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank goodness my local PO staff is very cool. It's a small PO and I just print from home and hand off packages to them or place in the bin (if it will fit). They never question them, and actually seem relieved I already put barcode-type postage on it ahead of time.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lady at ours gives me crap about putting boxes in the metal door that slides opens during the day... sir go out those boxes in the carts... me- no thank you.

She tells me that's for night drops, I need to listen to her and put them in the carts... I just said, I'm sorry, I have to put them in here for piece of mind. Some are rather expensive and I have to put them in here. She said she was going to get her supervisor. And I just left. I think she is a volunteer too. Idk

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lady at ours gives me crap about putting boxes in the metal door that slides opens during the day... sir go out those boxes in the carts... me- no thank you.

She tells me that's for night drops, I need to listen to her and put them in the carts... I just said, I'm sorry, I have to put them in here for piece of mind. Some are rather expensive and I have to put them in here. She said she was going to get her supervisor. And I just left. I think she is a volunteer too. Idk
I've put them in there before, but be careful - I have also had that sucker jam up on me before with my package in it. If it is the round drum looking thing you are talking about.

OP
OP
D

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The drum jam when the bin gets too full, I have had that happen and knocked on the door until someone came and unjammed it.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always round up anyway. I don't think anyone should be getting courtesy notices, the packages should be returned. It would get the message across quicker and effectively.
Post Office aka a part of the govt. doing ANYTHING effectively or cost efficiently? More like Spending $200,000,000 to make up for a 2,000,000 profit loss. Hang on! Fell off the chair & spilt my coffee!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I was told at my local post office that it "wastes their time" to scan in a previous labeled package. So I found another post office who was glad to do it because 'it's was no skin off their nose"!

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told at my local post office that it "wastes their time" to scan in a previous labeled package. So I found another post office who was glad to do it because 'it's was no skin off their nose"!
Wastes their time? What are they paid to do? Id make it a point to take ALL of my prepaid packages to the one clerk who told me that.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My favorite clerk in the last town I lived in wanted to scan everything. she said that way the main post office knows they have a lot of work and they wont be closed down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread