All Treasure Hunting

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Never purchased anything with the intent of flipping it again on ebay. However I have sold a great deal of things on ebay, if it does not sell it goes in a box and I pull it out at a later date to sell. Never had it happen twice before.

Had a bunch of wooden kids toys I got at a factory close out, nothing but a bunch of little animals on wheels with a pull string. I had 12 boxes with 200 toys in each. Nothing was wrong with them other than they where not painted. I tried to sell them for a Euro each plus shipping and did not sell one in a 30 day period. I put them up. A few years later the painted ones where out of style because the Euro News was posting that companies where using lead based paints to paint such toys. I pulled them back out, posted them for 10 bucks each with Lead Free in the tittle and sold every last one of them to a single buyer that owned a wooden toy store.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Never purchased anything with the intent of flipping it again on ebay. However I have sold a great deal of things on ebay, if it does not sell it goes in a box and I pull it out at a later date to sell. Never had it happen twice before.

Had a bunch of wooden kids toys I got at a factory close out, nothing but a bunch of little animals on wheels with a pull string. I had 12 boxes with 200 toys in each. Nothing was wrong with them other than they where not painted. I tried to sell them for a Euro each plus shipping and did not sell one in a 30 day period. I put them up. A few years later the painted ones where out of style because the Euro News was posting that companies where using lead based paints to paint such toys. I pulled them back out, posted them for 10 bucks each with Lead Free in the tittle and sold every last one of them to a single buyer that owned a wooden toy store.

Good job, Oddjob!
One has to strike when the iron's hot as they say!

Last edited:
OP
OP
AlienLifeForm

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is a good idea. I think I am going to have to start a "let it simmer" box for some of my stuff.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WELL PLAYED SIR, WELL PLAYED!!!!!!!!

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shopkins are out. Even the new rare ones are not selling.

OP
OP
AlienLifeForm

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Disney Black Diamond VHS craze is over as well. I can't give those things away.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a high times magazine with the centerfold signed by Johnny Carson...

Listed it on ebay for 30... the relisted... and listed... 25... 20... 15... etc... Nothing.

The day after he died... I listed for 99 begin...

Completed for $360.

Timing is everything.

OP
OP
AlienLifeForm

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a high times magazine with the centerfold signed by Johnny Carson...

Listed it on ebay for 30... the relisted... and listed... 25... 20... 15... etc... Nothing.

The day after he died... I listed for 99 begin...

Completed for $360.

Timing is everything.

Nice!

OP
OP
AlienLifeForm

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pogs, I got lots of Pogs. Someday I will try again.....
You know I think I have a bunch of those somewhere. Everything comes full circle, im sure one day they will be "in" again and we can sell our useless cardboard discs to the masses. :laughing9:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw a show where they say cassettes are in now... CASSETTES ! ! !

And I threw a ton of them away 2 years ago.

OP
OP
AlienLifeForm

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw a show where they say cassettes are in now... CASSETTES ! ! !

And I threw a ton of them away 2 years ago.
I think I got rid of all mine when the almighty compact disc became commonplace. None left in this house for sure.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've had a large Hefty garbage bag full of my old Fruit of the Looms that were two tone colored (yellow in the front, brown in the back) that just wouldn't sell on Ebay. Not a one of them. I had the intentions of them funding my early retirement.
Things ended up as shop rags in my garage now. I've been thinking about making a blanket out of them and putting them back up on Ebay. You never know.

OP
OP
AlienLifeForm

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a large Hefty garbage bag full of my old Fruit of the Looms that were two tone colored (yellow in the front, brown in the back) that just wouldn't sell on Ebay. Not a one of them. I had the intentions of them funding my early retirement.
Things ended up as shop rags in my garage now. I've been thinking about making a blanket out of them and putting them back up on Ebay. You never know.
Let me know when you list your patchwork quilt, I have always wanted one.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Let me know when you list your patchwork quilt, I have always wanted one.

You betcha! I was gonna either give 20% off or throw in a matching hat to Tnet members.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Guess thats better than making Baklavas from them under pants.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pogs, I got lots of Pogs. Someday I will try again.....

You think you have a lot of POGs. I used to, all in the trash years ago.

I used to work in a diecutting/foil stamping company in CA a couple of decades ago. I started getting calls from printers in Hawaii asking if I had any railroad board. (thick paper for printing boxes on. they thought that is what they needed) I got to talking to one of the buyers and he said there is this thing that is very popular on the Islands called POGS and it is just the lids to a fruit juice bottle sold over there (Pineapple - Orange - Guava = POG) and all the board stock on the islands have been used up. The kids have made a collecting game out of them.

Within a few weeks I started getting calls from local printers asking for prices to finish POGs. They would supply the printed sheet (sometimes 28 x 40 inches) we would add foil images and diecut them out. Every time I saw a new order getting ready to ship I would try to get a handful. I had boxes full. Didn't know what I was going to do with them. This was even before ebay or before I even knew about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread