Looking for recommendations and advise on my' eBay Listings!!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey TNET Folks,

As the Title reads, I am looking for recommendations and advice on my' eBay Listings! I currently have two German WWII Era Sniper Scopes up for auction and am wondering if I need to add or delete or edit anything in the Listing Description, Title or Description. It has been awhile since I have sold on eBay and I really resisted doing so but there is no serious Buyers and/or Collectors of these rare scopes around here. I would appreciate if some folks will look at my' Auctions and give me some recommendations and/or advice! Do keep in mind that I am often too long winded whether it is typing up Auction Listing Descriptions or posts on Treasure Net.:laughing7:

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/292111010813?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302311521008?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Frank

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had much luck on Ebay this last year and a half, whether buying or selling. I don't like selling much there anymore because of the fees. That is probably the best venue for something like you have, however. I like Rev War buttons, and have dealt with a lot of the dealers across the country over time, but after I check their websites, Ebay is the place to go. Use plenty of pictures. Any way to compare to completed listings?

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would recommend changing your serial numbers something like 15xxx. This would prevent some scum bag trying to file some lost/stolen report then say Hey I found it on ebay. That is just me, I do not even trust my cat.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would recommend changing your serial numbers something like 15xxx. This would prevent some scum bag trying to file some lost/stolen report then say Hey I found it on ebay. That is just me, I do not even trust my cat.

You can never trust a cat. Turn your back on them and BAM! - pee in your shoe.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is a smart thing for sure !!!!!!!

But I trust my cats - they don't have my password - :)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with changing the serial numbers. I trust my cat....to puke all over the house after I have cleaned the carpet.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
If I were selling these collectible scopes I would rather have $800 on my table than the scope on the shelf.
I do not know their value though so I may be off on price.
Best of luck!

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
If I were selling these collectible scopes I would rather have $800 on my table than the scope on the shelf.
I do not know their value though so I may be off on price.
Best of luck!

Yeah, the problem is putting a price on them and especially the one with shrapnel damage and the rust which shows that it was dug up on a battlefield!! The major problem is that the family never provided any documentation on the scopes to show provenance and especially the one that was dug up. Having provenance showing where and when it was found and what battle occurred could put it's value well into the thousands. The Germans in WWII kept meticulous records on everything and wonder if there is a record somewhere showing who the scope was issued to and when and where they were killed. I am just going to have to look into it much more.

Frank

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Well folks after working on a young lady's van again yesterday, making a trip to Pull-A-Part and taking a nap, I was up late, so I went on eBay and edited both of my' current Auctions based on recommendations and lowered the prices somewhat. Please view the Auction again and see if you all approve and/or have more recommendations. I did leave certain information in as I feel it is very pertinent to the scopes and where they came from. Thanks!

Frank

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not the type of item I collect or even research, so I will just say hiding the full serial numbers was a good suggestion and probably a good move to lower the price a bit. Good luck on the sales; seems like something you don't come across everyday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions