eBay return troubles

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you asked eBay customer service? I know sometimes colors and hues can vary slightly from one computer monitor to the next.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hadn't had a chance to yet. That has to be the issue though.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I had a similar situation a few months ago. I forget the details but the INAD request was BS. In my case it was 1st class shipping. After being pissed a few minutes I approved the return. Not worth spending an hour or more over $2.77.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been buying a lot of stuff from Amazon and Etsy. So far etsy is the only place that hasnt shafted me. Ebay is not that easy to get a return or your money back. Amazon has folks who dont speak the language and the description of stainless steel means it could be anything from copper to aluminum lol. But my local area doesnt make it easy to find the tools and stuff I needed.

I think I just plan a loss in every so many purchases. I guess as a seller I got out at the right time. Many years ago lol.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a similar situation a few months ago. I forget the details but the INAD request was BS. In my case it was 1st class shipping. After being pissed a few minutes I approved the return. Not worth spending an hour or more over $2.77.

Well, what gets me, is the item only comes in chartreuse, not green. He had the list of colors to prove it and sent me a pic of it. Still waiting to hear back, but you're right.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have lots to sell and used Ebay for awhile but quit a few years ago. I haven't been doing nothing but buying once in awhile on there since. They are unfriendly too sellers.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still sell on ebay, but I don't like it. As kingskid said, not a good place for sellers. It used to be - I miss those days.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Even buying an item on eBay is stressful. Selling just causes me too much concern. I miss the simple garage sale ethics.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought a set of SMS Audio 50 cent wireless headphones without a transmitter. I had bought a couple of their transmitters on closeout, so I was going to use one of those. Only one side worked with the transmitter, but work fine when using a cord. I emailed the seller and they issued a refund without wanting the headphones back.

I don't see buying on ebay as stressful at all. With their guarantee, and the fact they almost always side with the buyer make it a no brainer for me. Now you might have to wait a few days, but at least issues do get resolved.

edited to add:

I take that back, buying CAN be stressful. I just opened an auction I've been watching for several days, only to find it closed a freaking MINUTE ago!

Last edited:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought a set of SMS Audio 50 cent wireless headphones without a transmitter. I had bought a couple of their transmitters on closeout, so I was going to use one of those. Only one side worked with the transmitter, but work fine when using a cord. I emailed the seller and they issued a refund without wanting the headphones back.

I don't see buying on ebay as stressful at all. With their guarantee, and the fact they almost always side with the buyer make it a no brainer for me. Now you might have to wait a few days, but at least issues do get resolved.

edited to add:

I take that back, buying CAN be stressful. I just opened an auction I've been watching for several days, only to find it closed a freaking MINUTE ago!

If you have the ebay app on your phone, trust me you will never miss an auction again. They send out (too many, IMO) push notifications when items on your watch list are getting close to ending.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have the ebay app on your phone, trust me you will never miss an auction again. They send out (too many, IMO) push notifications when items on your watch list are getting close to ending.

I do have it, but I don't log in on my phone. I get enough worthless notifications.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The constant siding with buyers without considering the situation is really annoying to sellers though. :sadsmiley:

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the buyer didn't even respond to my next message. Then, he opened a case today and eBay has already decided in his favor. It's really annoying, because even though I thought he was abusing the return policy and everything, I would have still offered the return had he continued to answer my messages and talk to me. :BangHead:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, what gets me, is the item only comes in chartreuse, not green. He had the list of colors to prove it and sent me a pic of it. Still waiting to hear back, but you're right.

I looked that color up on google and every picture had all shades of green. Tell him to send it back on his dime. He just does not like the shade of green.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked that color up on google and every picture had all shades of green. Tell him to send it back on his dime. He just does not like the shade of green.
That's what I was going to tell him, but I asked him if the color he was looking for was on the color chart and he never answered. I thought maybe he figured out how dumb it was to ask for a return on that item and was going to forget it, but oh no, he opened the case instead. :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread