How to set an "Away Message" on eBay Auctions or suspend them while gone??

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey TNET Folks,

How can I set an "Away Message" or suspend my' eBay Auctions while I am going to be out of town? I have plans to go out of town Monday, May 22nd and don't plan to be back home until June 5th or later. I will have no way of dealing with offers or questions about my' items while I am away nor will I be able to ship the items while gone in case someone uses the "Buy It Now" option! There was a link at one time to set an Away Message but may still be there but hidden. It has been awhile since I have sold on eBay and they have made many changes over the years that I have been unable to keep up with.

Thanks!

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the replies! I ended up ending the Auctions and while I was away, a Buyer requested to return an item for a refund. Since I was on vacation, I did not check my emails for some time and when I did, I had some nasty messages from eBay and I could not pay for any purchases I made on eBay as they had locked my' PayPal account until I transferred the funds in my' PayPal account to cover the refund. I have had only a few returns, promptly refunded the Buyer's money and have never had a problem. Due to the way I was treated, I will be deleting my accounts with eBay and PayPal as soon as my fees are paid and settled.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread