Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of my last 5 purchases, all of them have shipped from locations far from where the auction stated they were located. Only one made any real difference, they stated they shipped from California, and I got China ePacket tracking. The seller said they shipped to wrong address and were now out of stock in their U.S. warehouse. They lied anyway and hadn'tshipped yet. I got a refund, but still...they had my money for almost a week.

Another seller's item listed they were in Jacksonville, FL. The item ends up shipped from Colorado. I just bought something that was darn near local, then I get a tracking number from Miami. WTH?

Like I said, it's a minor gripe, but if someone is dishonest about something as minor as location, how do you trust anything else about them?

Last edited:

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Just about everything I have bought that's "located" in California has been an importer of Chinese goods. That's one way to get around the "Only in North America" filter. There are also a ton of sellers on ebay that don't physically have the items they're offering for sale....they "borrow" ads from Amazon, list them for a few bucks more on ebay and when the item sells, they buy it from an Amazon seller and have it direct shipped to the buyer.

There are plenty of sellers also that get their inventory from other wholesalers across the country. I try to stay away from stock images, that's usually a dead giveaway.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, sounds like a combo of two things:

> Really coming from China but claims it's from a US address. If you look through enough listings, you start to catch on to these.

> Drop-shipping, which I have read can really hurt small-time sellers on Amazon. And apparently, Amazon doesn't seem to care much.

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get drop shipping, but they should just list as "item located in United States". I also know when I'm buying Chinese merchandise, but I filter for U.S. only when it is something I want within a week as opposed to the 3 weeks or so it takes an ePacket to arrive from China.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Phew, I am just relieved this isn't about you having to post pics for me last week! When I saw the title and the author, my heart skipped a beat, until I realized it was oosted in the eBay forum and not yard sales. LOL. Thank you again, Gib.

T.

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Phew, I am just relieved this isn't about you having to post pics for me last week! When I saw the title and the author, my heart skipped a beat, until I realized it was oosted in the eBay forum and not yard sales. LOL. Thank you again, Gib.

T.

I was happy to help, and you're welcome :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions