Boy Scout Silver Worth It's Weight In Gold!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spied this little sterling pin on one of my favorite sellers listings after I had already won a couple other items from them. It's a silver lapel pin that was issued with the Boy Scout Explorer's Silver Award Medal (Type 2) 1954-1958. It was improperly listed and didn't even mention the Boy Scout relationship.

When listed in the proper category with the proper title, it should sell for between $50 and $75. Got it for $2.25. The seller offered combined shipping ($2.95) for multiple items. I had already won a few other items from the same seller, so I searched their other listings and found this pin. I don't normally look for items on ebay to flip, but I was happy to find this one by happenstance and figured I'd share. This is about the only thing I have found lately. Since it's rained every weekend for weeks, the local sales have really sucked. I've been working nights too which is all encompassing. Here's the pics...

DSC07696 (807x814).jpg DSC07702 (1185x1148).jpg

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya! We got all the rain from Cindy this week. Last time it rained this much, you didn't know if someone was having a yard sale, or just trying to dry out their belongings. The flooding wasn't as wide spread as it was 2014 though. This is what my yard looked like then:
IMG_5643s.jpg

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't normally look for items on ebay to flip

And I thank you. :laughing7:

Seriously though, cool find! I've flipped a few boy scouts items before and learned to watch out for it - especially sterling! I actually just picked up a small jar with some relatively worthless pins and patches in it (with the exception of a sterling "den mother" pendant) for $3.. Should be able to get $15+ just for that few grams of silver! Not nearly as old/cool as your item though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions