Your fastest sold item on E-Bay

Kentuckiana Jones

May 19, 2017
KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just had my fastest sale ever. Exact same item as I sold a couple weeks ago and had it priced a little higher but apparently not high enough. Super Mario Kart Wii game.
Listed at 7:03
Sold at 7:06

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine was probably 30 seconds. Had a 2 g 14 K necklace and sold it by accident for $.99. I thought it was going to be an auction, hit list not paying attention. BOOM! gone! I honored the sale. I like getting scores like that at a yard sale so I sent it to him, for a dollar plus shipping.

But when I first started eBay I had this bronze statue I paid a dollar for it. Put it up for $1000 or best offer. It sold within a minute for $1000. To this day I have no idea what it was never really think about it other than that was the quickest thousand dollars I've ever made in my life!!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I reccommend brand new sellers to do this. Get those FB points up with 100% fast.

Same here. Not to mention they hold your income for the first couple weeks on new sellers. May as well have it be two dollar listings instead of $50 listings.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that that same coin sell for 25- 40 depending on condition... through most good coin auctions. (NOT Ebay)

And they sell constantly for this range.
Key dates or slabbed sell for premiums +.

That's why it sold so fast.

For those interested in watching this... tune in this weekend to the ONE OF THE auctions I watch online...

Anyone can join / sign up to join in and bid...

I might also add... The auction takes place LIVE THROUGH Ebay as well.

Complete Auctions Home page - Home

Last edited:

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Bought a jar of jewelry for $25 and it included several older pieces of jewelry. Discovered this 14k Cameo set and listed it for $375.00. Less than 10 minutes later, I had an offer for $275.00...as I was showing my wife the offer, eBay notification popped up saying to ship. Another buyer bought it!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510600665.214553.jpg Probably could have gotten more...but the jar had another 10k gold cameo as well as a beautiful Miriam Haskell Brooch/ earring set. All profit at this point!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold a 1990's Tester bottle of Armani Eau Pour Homme yesterday in a couple hours for $99.99. The original formula sells for more than the new stuff.

BTW- That's a beautiful Victorian Cameo set.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Sold an old Rohloff a few months ago, only had about 12,000 miles on it, all street and no more than 170 pounds total (had belonged to my son).

Listed it for 20 with the cable, not two minutes went by and got a call, dude said he would pick it up before I changed my mind. LOL

I moving state side, had tons of parts laying around, some new some used.

Point is I needed to dump this stuff, not worried about money, just wanted it to get to a proper user, so how do you sucker in a Bike S lut, sell something crazy cheap, let them show up and just so happen to have some 30K race bikes laying around, they always ask if you got more stuff, and then you give it away.

Make no money, but the gear does get in the right hands, in this kids case, he straight up said he was a weight weenie but wanted to build an expedition rig. Those are the only kind of parts we use.

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've sold a lot of stuff in less than an hour. Always fun. Really enjoy the ones you list and forget about and then you get a notification that it has sold.

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a couple super fast sellers.
First was a 1969 Chevy Rosewood steering wheel. I had barely submitted the auction when a buyer hit the Buy It Now. Must have been too cheap.
A few years ago, when the new Lincoln cents came out I was buying Philly mint $25 boxes and selling them for $75-100 to guys out west as fast as I could list them.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never been one to buy sculptures but something about the one i saw at a sale screamed "buy me" I was a beautiful piece ( a mother humpback whale & calf) by a northern california artist. I figured i could price it quite high and enjoy the piece in my office until i got a reasonable offer.

Listed at 8:30pm, sold before 9pm for full boat price. 1400.00 It was probably worth quite a bit more but i couldn't find any realized prices to compare wtih. Its the first time i was somewhat upset in making money. I kinda wanted to keep it.

Attachments

• IMG_1721.JPG
    IMG_1721.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread