diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is what I believe to be a sterling WW1 era US Military artillery ring. Research needed, I may be wrong on the era. I haven't found another like it yet. I have found the artillery logo on the front and the great seal on the sides but not vice versa like this one and not with the cannonballs underneath. It was listed as a "Championship Band Ring". I know it is not that. Not with crossed cannons on the sides. That says US artillery to me.

I paid $15.75 for it, plus $2.95 shipping. However, this seller sells many sterling jewelry pieces at low starting bids with free combined shipping so I ended up with 6 items. I spent a total of $42.44 but got the other 5 items for less than melt value. They total up to 60 grams and cost $23.74 between the 5 other pieces.

The Military ring...

s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg

The other five items include a Taxco brooch with a small onyx, 18 grams, a cigar band Onyx ring, 12 grams (wife confiscated), a "God Bless America" enameled pendant, 8 grams, an old ROTC pin, 9 grams and last but not least was a pair of fugly earrings that weigh 13 grams. Here's the pics...

s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice old ring. Yes, the crossed cannons is for Field Artillery. It has been around for awhile.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds diggummup! Thanks for posting! Always nice to get anything under melt. That ring is pretty awesome though.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Yeah, the ring was well loved by whomever owned it originally. It just looked like an older (WW1 vs. WW2) design and font style on it to me. It was calling out to me, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread