Good thing the customer responded to cuss me out.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Sold a video game. Buyer didn't know how to get it to work. So I explained to them how to make it work and they never responded. I even sent follow up messages and nothing. So I wait 4 days at it auto opens a case. I dispute the return through ebay. So then the buyer responds with this gem:

[h=3]Hey you told ebay you thought I was trying to scam you! Well that isn't true and I sent you a reply stating I got the game to work through the game key code. I'm sorry but I had no idea that to use the authentication other than running the cd to and bring the game up there was another way to do that. So no I wasn't trying to run any scam on you. But in the future you might want to put it in your listing if game doesn't run from cd to go to that blizzard site. And you owe me an apology and you also need to inform ebay that you made a mistake that you assumed something in your mind that wasn't true. I have an excellent untarnished reputation in this community and it will remain that way so please inform ebay you made a an assumption and you were wrong.[/h]
So the next day I get a message from EBAY saying they sided with the buyer in this dispute...........

First off they never sent me a response. If they had this could have been avoided.

Second, good thing the customer wanted to cuss me out instead of saying nothing.

So I called ebay and they read the message and the lady on the phone said I could ask the buyer to close the case or wait ten 10 days to get my money. My response was I don't think the buyer is going to close the case and help me out here. So I will wait ten days and see if this mess goes away.

No wonder so many people have quit ebay, without written proof by the person you have a problem with they rule against sellers.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not seeing the part where the buyer cussed you out.

Kentuckiana Jones

May 19, 2017
KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the forum software removed them. ****.

Edit: guess not it just turns them into asterisks ****

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had really good experiences with Ebay and customer complaints on the last run of stuff I sold. I had 3 try, and Ebay sided with me every time. It does take phone calls. And is a Pain. But be clear in your ads, I put no returns. "AS IS Please ask any questions before BIN or Bidding"

Then....If your in the right? You can escalate the case right now. You don't need to wait the 10 days. I've done it every time. I tell them, "I'm not taking the return, I really don't want to wait 10 days, can You make the decision whether it's in my favor or not, right now?", ANd they have within a couple hours. It is a pain, but I do think Ebay is coming around and helping their sellers more. Yes!! Keep all emails from complaining buyers. I've even set them up when I knew it was "buyers remorse" or a bogus complaint. If it's a real, solid, legit complaint, listing error? I have no problem refunding. But some people want to return over some really petty stuff. I'm a guy selling my used junk, not walmart! I don't take returns, no time for that crap...Look at what your buying next time.:laughing7:

Last edited:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had really good experiences with Ebay and customer complaints on the last run of stuff I sold. I had 3 try, and Ebay sided with me every time. It does take phone calls. And is a Pain. But be clear in your ads, I put no returns. "AS IS Please ask any questions before BIN or Bidding"

Then....If your in the right? You can escalate the case right now. You don't need to wait the 10 days. I've done it every time. I tell them, "I'm not taking the return, I really don't want to wait 10 days, can You make the decision whether it's in my favor or not, right now?", ANd they have within a couple hours. It is a pain, but I do think Ebay is coming around and helping their sellers more. Yes!! Keep all emails from complaining buyers. I've even set them up when I knew it was "buyers remorse" or a bogus complaint. If it's a real, solid, legit complaint, listing error? I have no problem refunding. But some people want to return over some really petty stuff. I'm a guy selling my used junk, not walmart! I don't take returns, no time for that crap...Look at what your buying next time.:laughing7:

They need to do something for the sellers like yesterday, they are losing countless sellers to Amazon by the day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread