Ebay store?

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A definite pro for me is the ability to place my store on 'vacation mode'. If I'm going out of town for more than a couple of days, I turn on vacation mode and don't have to worry about ending 200+ individual listings.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
You get a discount on fees. If you do enough volume that pays for the store. You also get a coupon for $25 every three months to buy store supplies. A basic store comes with 250 BIN listings & 250 auction listings. Extra listings are at a reduced rate.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Con: I sometimes have a lot of items and sometime do not. When I have limited items I feel I am paying for a store I do not need.

Pro: I can continue to relist the same items over and over every once in a while one old item will sell.

I closed my store last month due to lack of inventory.

OtakuDude

Apr 16, 2007
Monee, IL
Another plus is that you can list your items for 30 days rather than the usual 3-5-7 and you can also set them to automatically relist if the auction goes unsold. This saves tons of time if you're dealing with large volume.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
It's my understanding that if you consistently list 70 or more items a month you should start considering a store. That's assuming you don't get free listings & that listings cost about 30 cents each. When I opened my store I was selling $1500/month minimum and the store fee was $15/month if you signed up for a year. At the time the discount was 1% of sales so I was at break even. As a bonus I could leave town for a few days & put my store on vacation. I was also guaranteed a set amount of free listings every month so I didn't have to wait & hope that eBay would send out an offer for free listings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread