cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to check in this morning and my normal page is all different. Thinking i clicked on the wrong button i close and then restart. Nope everything looks different and an instruction page will not let me advance.

I have said many times here on t-net I am sure ebay has a department to come up with new things (another for rules) if they do not come up with changes they are not doing their job and they get fired. Well they did it again, saved their jobs.

I do not want to have to learn a whole new way to navigate through their maze of pages. Looks like i might be forced to.

I clicked on the "comments?" button and told them my opinion and this screen came up.
========================

Thank you for helping to improve eBay.
While we are not able to respond directly to your comments, we will carefully review them to improve your experience with eBay!
========================
I don't want to improve this part of ebay. Do you think I believe them? I am sure my comment went right into the trash. I even left my email address. If I ever hear back I will add to this post.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd have a better chance of getting a reply from Santa Claus.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I'm assuming this is the same thing that happened to me. Logged into ebay & am now looking at "Seller Hub" instead of what I used to have. Lots of sales information I have absolutely no use for and I'm having to figure out how to find what I actually need.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get just as aggravated whenever they change something. At least give the people the option to stay with the previous version for a while.

I have seen this on other web sites like the one I use to enter ebay auctions, Auctiva. I complained and they told me how to revert back to the old format, but also told me that the older format will go away in a few months anyway.

Everybody always has to come up with a "new and different" look, except the car companies. To me, all new cars look the same and have for more than a decade. Everything is just boring pieces of transportation. That is why I have not bought a new car in a long time.

rcontrera

Aug 16, 2017
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Underwater White's
Primary Interest:
Other
That new seller hub is a waste! I shifted back to my original page. I'm too dang old to mess with the "pretty" stuff!

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked in on fleeBay. and this is the screen I got. It starts this way and I can scroll down probably 50 feet.

Attachments

• WHAT NOW.bmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 99

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The page didn't load properly. That happens to me a lot with Bank Of America. I just close the page and reopen it and it is correct the second time.

As for the seller hub, I *LOVE* it. I've had it since it was beta. You can organize it the way you want it. I have the things I use the most at top. I love that I can see at a glance how I am doing. I just find it super useful and really like it.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got hit with the updated seller page today. I'll play with it when I have more time, but I don't like it at first glance.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for helping to improve eBay.
While we are not able to respond directly to your comments, we will carefully review them to improve your experience with eBay!

Translated from technospeak to English.
Your response wasn't read it has been moved to the circular file. Do you really think we care? We like it this way live with it!

There you go! Got more help than Fleabay gave you! And I'm not even ay my kitchen table in Pakistan!!!!!!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked in on fleeBay. and this is the screen I got. It starts this way and I can scroll down probably 50 feet.
Page didn't fully load, yes very possible. It is also possible that the local server you are pinging in their data center is having a hiccup. The common computer user does not realize the enormity of virtualized servers required to serve up all of the searchers on the ol fleabay It takes thousands of them packed into data centers all over the world. AN update in one geographic area does not always affect the whole site and they even single out areas for test markets to guinea pig ideas. Don't treat too much. It will normalize.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I'm not even ay my kitchen table in Pakistan!!!!!!

I tried to like this two times but it wouldn't let me.

Your part of the country gets Pakistan. Mine gets the Philippines. All I have to do is keep saying. "could you repeat I did not understand" and I lived in the Phillipines (off and on) for three years.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I don't like this new look either. To me, it is less intuitive. I didn't see any problem whatsoever with the old layout, and I don't remember seeing any announcement that they were going to change the current one.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to like this two times but it wouldn't let me.

Your part of the country gets Pakistan. Mine gets the Philippines. All I have to do is keep saying. "could you repeat I did not understand" and I lived in the Phillipines (off and on) for three years.
HAH!! I had one hang up on me! I kept asking him if he could swallow the food he had in his mouth so I could understand him. Told me he had no food in his mouth several times. Transferred me to a lady & I was at that "Ain't gonna gat any help here" point. Asked her to swallow the food she was chewing before speaking, guess it was cultural differences :laughing7: She screamed something & hung up! :tongue3: I was told they have to do a bunch of calls & need to end the call in less than 20 minutes. Shouldn't have told me that!:laughing7:

Ahhh Just gotta have fun with it!! No help to be had here........

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They should change the name to "screwu"...they had it right in the beginning. The "law of diminishing returns" certainly applies to ebay.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAH!! I had one hang up on me! I kept asking him if he could swallow the food he had in his mouth so I could understand him. Told me he had no food in his mouth several times.

Good one, I must remember that.

tomtom782

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eBay reps lately have been more moronic lately. Don't know how many times I have encountered an incompetent rep. I might as well be talking to a coconut.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions