Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the beach on Tuesday , people were pulling around Folding Wagon Carts with their stuff in them .
The next morning I looked them up on ebay . They were going for $40 to $60 . I clicked on ''shipping & price lowest first ''
One came up for $15.38 buy it now - free shipping , so I bought it ,the seller has zero feed back (Hey , we all had zero when we first started )
. That afternoon it said it was Shipped (no tracking #) I get up this morning to check the progress - Ebay gave me this -

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

This user is no longer registered on eBay.

Last edited:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
That happened to me on a cue stick several years ago. Somehow, the seller got my phone number and called to harass me stating that I am messing up her feedback rating and why did I turn her in and that this was a legit auction, etc. I explained to her that I did nothing and that ebay cancelled the sale. She didn't believe me.

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I clicked on his seller name , He joined Aug. 22 , I purchased it Aug 23 , today he is booted from ebay .

So I search ebay today for Folding Wagon Cart and there is a nicer one for $15.99 , bin , free shipping ,with a different user name.

The seller just joined ebay yesterday - zero feedback . So , I called Ebay , told them my suspisions . She opened a case for me & thanked me for the tip . An hour later Ebay closed the case and refunded my $15.38

Last edited:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds to me it would be better for peace of mind to get your folding wagon cart at a store, or at least Amazon.

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah , sometimes things are to good to be true .

Hi mojjax,
s.gif
Good news! We issued you a full refund of $15.38 on Aug 24, 2017. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping and has been credited to your PayPal account. Please log in to PayPal and view the History page if you don't see it in your PayPal balance.
s.gif
Decision:
This case has been decided in your favor.

Comments:
We didn't receive valid tracking information from the seller. We're sorry you had a problem with your purchase, and we're issuing you a refund for this case.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a quick case !

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought something with that exact message from Ebay. I had already paid for it. AND I got the merchandise exactly as described five days later. Go figure.

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool ! maybe I'll still get my cart .

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I would think the shipping alone might be around $10.
I had that happen once too. Then I had one where I bought something and never got it. She did it to one other person. Two negs, but she was still selling last time I looked.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
That link I mentioned above that didn't work for me yesterday - came up today with a 0 found but here's others - at much more than $15 plus.

I could see where that might come in handy, but not at the much higher prices. Had it been the $15, I might have impulse purchased that thing just in case someday :)

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All, I've seen this before on Amazon.
Seller offers an outlandish price and sells as many as possible in a short period of time with no intention of ever shipping.
Collects what he can and shuts down his account.
Starts a similar listing with a new user name and Amazon or E-bay then have to recoup the Buyers losses.

Only thing that get's me is that with E-bay, your money is not available to you thru Pay-Pal for like 30 days or more when you first start listing.
Maybe there is a new way around this? Or a hack of some type... Usually an overseas Seller...

Your Bud Aurum

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
That happened to me on a cue stick several years ago. Somehow, the seller got my phone number and called to harass me stating that I am messing up her feedback rating and why did I turn her in and that this was a legit auction, etc. I explained to her that I did nothing and that ebay cancelled the sale. She didn't believe me.

What kind of cue stick? I'm a player.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions