diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know where else to post this so ebay forum will have to work I guess. I ordered something from Amazon that was supposed to be delivered in 2 days via UPS. Supposed to have been here last Thur. Never made it. Received email the following day that it was delayed because of the hurricane that was coming. Long story short, I found out it was left on my doorstep yesterday. Meanwhile, I'm not returning till tomorrow because I had to evacuate last Friday myself. Now I just sent my brother in law by my house to pick it up and it's not there. So some dirtbag probably drove by my shuttered up, vacated house and stole it. What are my options here? This is my first transaction with Amazon (Prime or otherwise). The item costs just under $150.00.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would contact Amazon customer service.

I had something that was scanned as delivered but was not.
Amazon asked me to wait a couple more days and contact them again if the package didn't show up. They gave me a $10 credit for my trouble.
I waited a couple days and still no package , so I contacted Amazon and they overnighted me a replacement .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I'll check it out when I get home tomorrow. I hate using my phone vs a real computer.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard that Postal Service/USPS drivers will sometimes scan all their packages ahead of time when they head out on a route. Maybe the UPS person did the same thing and yours never got delivered, for some reason.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard that Postal Service/USPS drivers will sometimes scan all their packages ahead of time when they head out on a route. Maybe the UPS person did the same thing and yours never got delivered, for some reason.

I can vouch for that. I will get an email saying delivered and sometime during the day I get the package, unless it is delivered to the neighbors house which also has happened a couple of time.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got home last night. Neighbors don't have it. This is my first year in this neighborhood for me though so who knows.

The Amazon link says ... Package was left on an outside porch

I clicked "I can't find it" on the link and then I clicked on "Still can't find it," it says... "Your package may still be on the way.
If you still haven't received your package by the end of day tomorrow, please come back to Your Orders to get a refund or replacement."
Even though it says it's been delivered on the 13th? Really?

This was part of my wife's birthday present which was last Saturday. The reason it was late had nothing to do with the hurricane. That was assumption on my part. Regular mail ran that day. The email never mentioned the reason for the delay. I did some digging via the tracking# and my package went from Hollywood Fl. (3 miles away) at 8 am on the day it was supposed to be delivered to a Hialeah, Fl. facility which is in another county entirely. So the original screw up started with UPS, then the second screw up ended with UPS. I hope UPS is the one that will ultimately be responsible for the cost of this item and not the seller?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a family heirloom painting done by a family member in 1933 and wanted to send to my aunt. UPS did the boxing and it was insured for 500.00. UPS put a hole through the painting and after deducting transportation cost we received $160.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a family heirloom painting done by a family member in 1933 and wanted to send to my aunt. UPS did the boxing and it was insured for 500.00. UPS put a hole through the painting and after deducting transportation cost we received $160.

That is terrible. Transportation cost? Wouldn't that be the original price you paid for shipping? It makes me sick that these carriers won't pony up on insurance claims when they are at fault.

I could go on a tangent about insurance of all types, currently dealing with an auto claim. They love to take, but you have to fight them every step of the way when its their turn to pay.

Waterbug

Jul 6, 2005
Iowa
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, XLT & GoldmasterV/SAT
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A web site for anyone who would like to complain about Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/forum/complaints
This place is only for sharing with others,the problems you are having with Amazon.

This is info as to where to address a formal complaint:

Amazon Corporate Offices & Headquarters:

Amazon.com Inc.
410 Terry Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109

Phone Number: (206) 266-1000
Fax Number: (302) 636-5454

Executives
CEO: Jeffrey P. Bezos
CFO: Thomas J. Szkutak
COO: Jeffrey A. Wilke

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll see what happens. Waiting on a response. Update when I can.
metal_detector.gif
Any word yet? I will bet the farm Amazon will make it good.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Any word yet? I will bet the farm Amazon will make it good.
Yeah, they refunded me the next day actually. Thanks for reminding me to update. I hope they get reimbursed by UPS somehow. They were the neglectful ones, not Amazon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread