Payment recieved but refund issued without notification to me?

HistoryTeacher

Mar 9, 2017
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold an item via a OBO offer two weeks ago. The seller had accepted my counteroffer. He paid three days later and I received a notification that he had paid via PayPal. I went to ship the item and noticed as I was taping on the shipping label that the item was marked unpaid. Curious, I checked my paypal and saw that he had paid and then a refund was almost immediately issued. I contacted him and he said that he was having problems with Paypal. The same thing occurred several days later. The buyer has 337 positive feedback as a buyer since 2011. I've already paid for shipping (opps) but have not put it in the mail and will not until I receive payment.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening?

How can paypal issue a refund without notifying me?

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How can paypal issue a refund without notifying me?

Might be something in their program. I am not having that problem but having a different problem. When I buy postage through ebay the cost shows up on paypal but it says enter shipping info. It never did that before. So I try to enter the ship number and carrier and I get error page, all the time.

Paypal says their team is working on fixing it. They might be having other software problems too.

If you do not ship you can get a refund on postage, but you have to petition the PO to get it back.

OP
OP
H

HistoryTeacher

Mar 9, 2017
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be something in their program. I am not having that problem but having a different problem. When I buy postage through ebay the cost shows up on paypal but it says enter shipping info. It never did that before. So I try to enter the ship number and carrier and I get error page, all the time.

Paypal says their team is working on fixing it. They might be having other software problems too.

If you do not ship you can get a refund on postage, but you have to petition the PO to get it back.

Thanks for info. I haven't had your problem (yet). It seems so sketchy to notify me that a payment has been made but not to notify when a refunded is issued from my account.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm having an eBay/Paypal shipping issue too! When paying/printing shipping from my phone, the charge goes through. Then over the last two days, I'm getting a notice that I paid $X.xx for shipping. I checked eBay AND PayPal and I've been charged about 5 times for the one shipping package. eBay's app was acting funny and wouldn't print postage. I think it has to be their program.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I have called eBay twice to request a refund of my' credit in my account and have been waiting over two months for the refund so I can close my account with them but my money is still in my eBay account. The next call to them, I am going to ask for a supervisor and tell them if my credit is not refunded back to me in the next 30 days, then they will be receiving letters from my Lawyer and the State Attorney General. They don't want me to close my account but never ask me why I want to do so but since I closed my PayPal account, I can't sell or buy on eBay as I can't receive or send money. Also, even though I emailed them twice over the issue that spurred me to quit eBay, they have not responded once.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread