I was randomly watching youtube last night.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran across a video of a woman who bought a few Mystery Boxes on ebay. I thought what a great idea for a seller. I started doing research. There are hundreds of finished auctions and over 300 open right now. I did some research in ebay rules and guess what. They are specifically named as against the rules. Then, I ask, why some many open and closed sales?

Anybody try this? If you get booted you get a ding on your record. Too many dings and you get the boot.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been quite a while since I looked for any of those kind of auctions, but I used to see them. One guy would title his, "Grandpa's Junk Drawer" and it would contain a mish-mash of stuff. A lot of times, all the stuff is lumped into one photo, where some items are piled on top of others, so you cannot see for certainty what is really in there. Near 100% chance it's junk is what I think. Perhaps that is how those auctions differ from the true mystery boxes, where they show NOTHING as to what you'll get inside. Just a guess.

ZJA

Oct 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay is also full of fake/counterfeited coins, collectibles, mobile phones etc. And it's also against the rules and against the law...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread