Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had this happen to me before.

I see a Buy It now for $50 + $18.85 shipping. Total $68.85 (it is a stained glass grinder) It also has a Make Offer button. So I make an offer of $41.15 + $18.85 Total of $60. He accepts and sends an invoice, I go ahead and pay. So far so good.

Today I get a message that the grinder has shipped and positive feedback.

This evening I get an ebay message, from him, that said: It cost 26.99 to send - mailed today, hopefully you will send me the other $9

This is not a newbie that couldn't figure out how to calculate postage he has over 1400 fb points.

I made an offer and he accepted, now he wants more $$.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a last ditch effort to get his original price. He made a deal, low down for trying to prey on feelings.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bold SOB for even asking - I wouldn't send a dime. Sometimes you have to learn business the hard way.

mcb66

Mar 17, 2009
I've messed up on shipping before. Most folks just take the lumps and learn from it. His fault, not yours.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I might send this response to him: LMAO

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I might send this response to him: LMAO

Good one.

I did real good on ebay the last 30 days, but the last three auctions that closed I lost money -14.35, -19.73, -2.18 and not one of them did I go crying for a little more $$ to break even.

These were auctions and not buy it nows. I do not like auctions, most of my sales are BIN.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try not to sell on Ebay. Or anywhere else for that matter. Never have done well there.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've done fairly well on Ebay. However, I always make sure the opening bid is my most low ball amount that I hope to get for the item and I always push the shipping slightly for my own protection.
luvsdux

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I've messed up on shipping before. Most folks just take the lumps and learn from it. His fault, not yours.

Yup. I screwed up big time. I listed a junk drawer jewelry lot that was like 20+ pounds, medium flat rate box. I didn't realize until I went to print a label that I had used the wrong auction for "sell similar". I had used one with a small flat rate box rather than medium.

Was very annoyed w/ myself, especially since the auction didn't go anywhere near what I had hoped it would.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread