cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got an offer on a BIN. I always check out the buyer just to see if they have caused problems for other sellers and where if always shows a feedback number it says private. I clicked on it and this was the explanation.

Private Feedback - This member, msmickioc, has decided to make his/her Feedback comments private. Feedback can still be left for this user and the Feedback ratings left are shown above in summary format. Learn more about private Feedback.

He/she still has 100% with over 500 f/b for 12 months but wonder why ebay would offer this. It is a way for a buyer or seller to check out potential problems.

It was a lowball offer anyway, won't accept but counter with something I feel better with.

WoodnHead

Mar 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe to keep private what items they purchased? I know as a seller you can list items with buyers being kept anonymous, but maybe they sometimes buy items that aren't and they don't want their purchases to be visible.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Suddenly many of my buyers have private feedback. Like 3 out of the last 4. Something’s changed.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then why even offer feedback if you can just turn off the comments? is still shows the % and the number

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread