Why won't a buyer take no for an answer?

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some bulk jewelry for $35 or Make offer.

There is one potential buyer that has wasted three MAKE OFFERS on this.

His first was a lowball of $12.50 I said no, $25.00

His counter was $14.50 I declined and closed his offer and said The lowest I will go is $23.00 You will have to make another offer if you agree.

He just came back with $19.50 I just tried to counter offer with $40.00 but feeBay would not allow me to do that. So I countered with $34.99 and I BLOCKED HIM.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey ya can't blame a guy for trying

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I tried to make a reasonable offer a couple days ago and was declined immediately. Made a couple more offers until my last offer was $1 less than the Buy It Now price and still declined. Contacted the seller asking why they even have the "Make Offer" option if they won't even accept $1 under asking price. Seller got back to me with $1.50 off price but removed free shipping, so cost was actually 50 cents more.

I sell on eBay as well and have gotten about as many lowballs as I have reasonable offers, about what I would expect I guess.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The three or four people I have had issues with, most of which could have easily been resolved I blocked. That's three or four since 1999 when I first started feebay. I hardly ever sell there anymore. Just buy useless stuff.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems every once in awhile I get a lot of weird offers and other stuff. My block list gets bigger and bigger. Then all of a sudden the stupid stuff stops. Kind of like when the cows get out, gotta round them up and put them back in the barn.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to make a reasonable offer a couple days ago and was declined immediately. Made a couple more offers until my last offer was $1 less than the Buy It Now price and still declined. Contacted the seller asking why they even have the "Make Offer" option if they won't even accept $1 under asking price.

I once made what I thought was a reasonable offer and got shot down. I came back with another offer and got a NO. I asked seller why he had a MAKE OFFER button if he will not accept offers. His answer was he will only take offers if it is on multiple items. Nowhere in his ad did he say that. I pointed out that he has to say that in his listing. No answer back and I probably got blocked too. I didn't care because I found another seller who gladly sold the same item for my original offer $$.

Last edited:

LoganFlame

Jul 4, 2017
New Pekin, IN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Garrets Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a buyer who did something similar, so I told him no and if it didn't sell it would go in my collection, he ended up buying it at the original price!

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of like when the cows get out, gotta round them up and put them back in the barn.
Being a city boy I never had that luxury. But I wasn't going to let that stop my daughter (a city girl) We had her in the 4H club for about 10 years. The last two years of high school she raised sheep at a different local High school. I think it was her senior year I got a call from her. She was on someone elses cell. She said she would be late (she was at the HS feeding and cleaning her sheep pen) she can't find her cell phone. She put it down in the corral and she thinks a hog ate it. I told her to call it and see if the pig rings. Needless to say I had to buy a new phone.

bpete

Oct 16, 2017
Utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Being a city boy I never had that luxury. But I wasn't going to let that stop my daughter (a city girl) We had her in the 4H club for about 10 years. The last two years of high school she raised sheep at a different local High school. I think it was her senior year I got a call from her. She was on someone elses cell. She said she would be late (she was at the HS feeding and cleaning her sheep pen) she can't find her cell phone. She put it down in the corral and she thinks a hog ate it. I told her to call it and see if the pig rings. Needless to say I had to buy a new phone.

that hog was a dead ringer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread