Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got this message from ebay:
None. Nada. Zilch. And 47 Other Ways to Say "No Fees."
List up to 50 items fixed price or auction-style for free.* Reap the rewards.

Great they said "No Fees" and even added "". I would love to get rid of their 10% sellers fee if even for a few days. Because I saw the * I had to go searching for the fine print that told the real truth.

Here is the real truth listed at the very bottom in grayed type. Over 600 words the lawyers told them to say to counteract the 26 words at the top of the message.:
*Final value and optional advanced listings upgrade and supplemental service fees apply. No guarantee is made that any item will sell at a particular price, or at all.

In other words a waste of my time. I already get the 50 free and only use about 30 of them every month. And yes, I am being picky and wasting my time writing this. I am retired, it is raining outside and my wife is watching "Murder she Wrote" So in other words bored and nothing else to do.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.and I've seen wayyy too many Jessica Fletcher reruns...

Me too! I know that at 10 minutes before the hour she tricks the murderer into confessing. He will usually be getting ready to kill her and then the cops will burst in from their hiding place and stop him/her. Then he/she will confess without the police reading the Miranda rights, so everything will be thrown out in court. The police will sometimes handcuff the person but never with hands behind their back. Then go to 5-7 minutes of commercials leaving 1-2 minutes for what I call "happy talk"

My wife loves it and is addicted to Jessica. I think it is funny and half the time I say a cop would never do that. Shows were simpler back then following the same format every episode. They don't do that now except for Curse of Oak Island ;)

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you all settled in to your new house?

Are you kidding? ;)
We moved in about 8 months ago. Lots of honey-do's. Got the fence up in the front yard and the shed in the back. Still have a 50' cedar fence down half the property line to the west of the house. (got all the posts in the ground but the rainy season has started so that will only be worked on during the "dry" days)

Lots of little things to do but it keeps getting rearranged and added to. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread