Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By tamrock
  • 1 Post By diggummup
  • 1 Post By tamrock

Thread: Looks like ebay is going the Amazon way

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    May 2008
    Oklahoma
    Ace 250
    1,403
    819 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Looks like ebay is going the Amazon way

    I was looking at toys, searching for the hot Christmas item and noticed the new items have this: 21 new & refurbished from $35.99. Do not know if it has been on listings before or not just noticed it. This is not my listing.
    Last edited by Beans; Nov 14, 2017 at 01:32 PM.

  2. #2
    Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    16,083
    7365 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    You talking about the general layout of the page being similar to Amazon? Just noticed it too, went looking after reading your post.

  3. #3
    us
    May 2008
    Oklahoma
    Ace 250
    1,403
    819 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by diggummup View Post
    You talking about the general layout of the page being similar to Amazon? Just noticed it too, went looking after reading your post.
    Yes.

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    Grant Brandenburg

    Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    8,051
    10863 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Heck even Walmart put aside building new outlets in order to be more like Amazon. It is the way of our modern times. There's a package just about every other day of the week on my door step with stuff my wife buys from either eBay or Amazon. One thing I've noticed is the role of man's best friend the dog has remained unchanged in the last 10s of thousands of years. Instead of warning of danger outside of the light of the campfire, he warns man of a UPS man being on the door step.
    Last edited by tamrock; Nov 17, 2017 at 11:17 AM.

  5. #5
    Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    16,083
    7365 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrock View Post
    Heck even Walmart put aside building new outlets in order to be more like Amazon. It is the way of our modern times. There's a package just about every other day of the week on my door step with stuff my wife buys from either eBay or Amazon. One thing I've noticed is the role of man's best friend the dog has remained unchanged in the last 10s of thousands of years. Instead of warning of danger outside of the light of the campfire, he warns man of a UPS man being on the door step.
    I've ordered a few things from Walmart online in the last few months. Free shipping over $35 or something like that. I'm actually waiting on a fake Christmas tree now for the shop that I ordered. I haven't found Amazon to be less expensive yet, so on certain items, I'll do Walmart. A dollar saved is a dollar earned.
    tamrock likes this.

  6. #6
    us
    Jan 2010
    Wilton, Maine
    White's M6
    473
    305 times
    Quote Originally Posted by diggummup View Post
    I've ordered a few things from Walmart online in the last few months. Free shipping over $35 or something like that. I'm actually waiting on a fake Christmas tree now for the shop that I ordered. I haven't found Amazon to be less expensive yet, so on certain items, I'll do Walmart. A dollar saved is a dollar earned.
    I guess that would reflect inflation since Ben Franklin's/Poor Richard's time. ;-)

    T.

  7. #7
    Charter Member
    us
    Grant Brandenburg

    Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    8,051
    10863 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by diggummup View Post
    I've ordered a few things from Walmart online in the last few months. Free shipping over $35 or something like that. I'm actually waiting on a fake Christmas tree now for the shop that I ordered. I haven't found Amazon to be less expensive yet, so on certain items, I'll do Walmart. A dollar saved is a dollar earned.
    How funny. I was out all day last Monday and when I got home that evening I see this latest Amazon purchase mama got delivered that day. She'd already had out of the box and assembled when I walked in the door. Not only is it a fake tree, it's a fake tree with fake snow and fake ice crystals on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171118_051052989.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	1517259  
    Last edited by tamrock; Nov 18, 2017 at 07:33 AM.
    Beans likes this.

 

 

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. eBay/Amazon 1099 form deductions?
    By NWpickin in forum All Things eBay
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Feb 29, 2016, 06:11 AM
  2. Ordered off eBay received from Amazon?
    By 2Minnesota in forum All Things eBay
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Dec 30, 2015, 10:53 PM
  3. Selling On Amazon And Ebay...
    By leadnbrass in forum All Things eBay
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Nov 29, 2014, 12:59 PM
  4. Ebay versus Amazon And ?? other options??
    By Reverend B*IKE* in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Feb 27, 2012, 12:15 AM
  5. Last Attempt To Save ebay + Craigslist & Amazon.com
    By Michigan Badger in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Apr 07, 2011, 04:59 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0