cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When leaving feedback ebay changed the way the feedback page looks. They even have instruction popups. Most say no change here but one part has changed and I do not remember them mentioning it in the "instructions"

I was getting ready to leave "positive" FB for a seller. But noticed in the area where I could have left "bad" FB there was a note below saying

"You need to wait 7 days before you can leave neutral or negative feedback for this PowerSeller"

Looks like they are again making it harder for the average seller. If you are a power seller they are making it easier to avoid negative FB. They now have a cooling off period (or forgetting to leave FB period) by making you wait a week.

All my sales would make me a power seller except I ship some SIM card orders in an envelope with a 1st class 47¢ stamp. No tracking to prove I shipped.(same thing with tracking costs $2.60) Ebay says because I do not track those it counts them as shipping late. I even called them on this and the guy said nothing he can do about that. He recommended I have 2nd account just for those items. That way all the $2.60 and up postage items will be counted in my first account.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just went to another item I bought to leave more Pos FB and noticed the NEUTRAL & NEGATIVE buttons were not grayed out. Guess it has been more that one week. So I clicked on NEG and this message popped up.

Have you contacted the seller? Consider sharing your concerns before you leave feedback.

Looks like they are trying to drag out the NEG FB posting even longer. I have bought many things lately and only one deserves a NEG or the very least a NEUTRAL. That one has not been resolved so no FB at all yet. If he gets NEG I wonder if ebay will not even let me give that FB until I actually contact him. (this AM was 4th contact)

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am all for anything that slows buyers from giving quick negative feedback for BS reasons.
Ebay probably is too, the last time I got a negative, I was so pissed I stopped selling for months.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
What exactly is the problem here? All I see are constant complaints that ebay only cares about the buyer. In this case, they actually did something minor to help sellers. Now people are complaining about that too? Really?

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck, I just wanna know where you are getting .47 stamps! :tongue3:

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cyberdan, how do you print a shipping label thru E-bay and not include tracking. I have tried in the past and couldn't figure it out.

Your Bud Aurum

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cyberdan, how do you print a shipping label thru E-bay and not include tracking. I have tried in the past and couldn't figure it out.

You can't. If I mail 1st class I just put in an env and add a real stamp. (my cost 47¢) The cheapest way to mail through ebay is $2.60 and then you can print a label with postage. It is still 1st class but has to be more than half inch thick or nonmachinable. I use a 5 x 7 plastic envelope and throw in some foam p-nuts to make it lumpy. I sell SIM cards to cell phone stores at 10 for $10. I have that $2.60 built into the price. Sometimes I get 3 lots orders from same customer and still only pay the $2.60 (extra profit)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions