Seller Cancelled Order Didn't Notice Before I Paid...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I'm waiting on a refund. My question is why in the hell did the payment go through to begin with if it was already canceled? And how long do I have to wait for a refund on an item that has already been relisted by this jackwagon?
This jerk apparently cancelled my winning bid last night, right after I won the ring for $172.50. His reason? His wife made a mistake in the listing. I told him he could have cancelled the listing at any time, he didn't have to wait till it ended. The only reason he waited was to see how much the ring sold for. He was unsatisfied with what it sold for. Sellers remorse.

He has relisted now with a "reserve" price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/mens-10k-g...228896?hash=item1c9a533620:g:iVYAAOSwmudaKLTw

I'D LIKE TO SPIT SOME BEECHNUT IN THAT DUDES EYE!

lawsonland

Oct 1, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently use CTX, Excalibur
Have used V3I, DFX, BHID, ATX, Etrac, TDI, Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you leave feedback

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it doesn't even show up in my purchase history on ebay. I filed a claim with paypal and it sends me to a dead link now also.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seller just responded with...

I just checked my Paypal account and do not see your payment. Will check again later this afternoon when i make another stop.I do not control Paypal and as long as your payment is not showing There is nothing i can do

Now correct me if I'm wrong here but should a payment that was made at 5:30 am est. be posted already on paypal?

Here is his original message to me last night...

I had to cancel due to a mistake made by my wife when she posted, i tried to correct the problem but was unable to do do because the post had one BID si i had to wait till the end of auction. It cost me $400 to make the ring. Hope you understand

and my reply this morning...

I just paid for this ring. Imagine my surprise when I read my messages and saw you canceled the order. Excuse me but there was no mistake in your listing, other than you not getting enough money for a ring that you paid 400 dollars for to have made. I have news for you... you will never recoupe the extra money it cost to have that ring made. Your ring has $150 worth of gold in it at todays current rates. I was willing to go to $200 on this ring. If you wanted $400, you should have listed it that way. You don't cancel an order after someone has won an auction. That is bad business. If you are not going to give me my ring that I won fair and square, then please refund my money immediately. Thank you.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
If there are more than 12 hours left in the auction & it has a bid the seller can end the listing but may have to pay fees. I'd leave a negative. I'd also make darn sure eBay knows you didn't ask the seller to cancel. When they cancel a sale they have several options to choose from as reasons why they cancelled. If they pick anything besides buyer requested they get a defect. Enough defects & they lose the right to sell. I'd be willing to bet they chose buyer requested to avoid the defect.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I'd also check my Paypal account summary. It should show whether or not the payment went through.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there are more than 12 hours left in the auction & it has a bid the seller can end the listing but may have to pay fees. I'd leave a negative. I'd also make darn sure eBay knows you didn't ask the seller to cancel. When they cancel a sale they have several options to choose from as reasons why they cancelled. If they pick anything besides buyer requested they get a defect. Enough defects & they lose the right to sell. I'd be willing to bet they chose buyer requested to avoid the defect.
I had bids on this item for a couple days. As did others. It says "The seller canceled your order" on ebay. It was cancelled right after the auction ended. I didn't realize it because I used my phone to pay first thing this morning when I saw that I won it. Then I logged on my desktop and saw the cancellation. So some 9 hours after the seller cancelled the order, ebay still took my money. That is where the problem lies. If a seller cancels a transaction, payment for that transaction should be declined. Instead they take your money anyway so paypal can hold it and draw interest on it for a week or two. I guess they are still in bed together.

Yes, it shows on Paypal as a paymeny/deduction still. I filed a complaint with paypal. Somehow it registered as an "item not received" case.

Here is what it says... Please allow some time for your order to arrive. If you don't receive your order by Thursday, December 14, 2017, you may escalate to PayPal.

I will be on the phone in the morning. Update forthcoming.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long story short. I just got my refund. I hated to give the guy a negative (earlier today) but I felt it was necessary. I just think he's old and not too tech saavy, but I really wanted that ring and he shouldn't have cancelled the transaction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread