Windows 10 Users, How Are You Reducing Your eBay Photos?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just purchased a new computer that has Windows 10 (my old one had Windows 8). I refused the free upgrade when it was available.
With my old computer, I could reduce the image size (resolution) of my photos using the standard windows photo app that came pre-installed in the computer.
In this new Windows 10 pre-installed photo app, there is no option to change the photo resolution.

I've scoured the internet and have gone in a complete circle. There is no function to change resolution, reduce image size or anything else of the sort in the photo app.

How are you all managing this?

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I installed the old photo gallery on Win 10 due to how fast it is to use.

Try this

Download and install Windows Photo Gallery on Windows 10
Tried that first. That is what my old computer had on it. It's no longer supported by Microsoft...

[FONT=&quot]Windows Essentials 2012 suite reached end of support on January 10, 2017. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As of January 10, 2017, Windows Essentials 2012 is no longer supported on Windows 10, and is unavailable for download.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Windows Essentials 2012 included Windows Movie Maker, Windows Photo Gallery, Windows Live Writer, Windows Live Mail, Windows Live Family Safety and the OneDrive desktop app for Windows. Already installed applications will continue to work as they do today.[/FONT]

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very simple to resize pictures:

screenshot1.jpg screenshot2.jpg

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of ridiculous they done away with a completely user friendly (and quick) program. I'm gonna give irfanview a shot. But it makes no sense that I should have to download 3rd party software to perform the same basic functions I've been doing for at least the last 10 years or so. I have Paint 3d can't deal with it. Too many options and hard for my feeble brain to navigate/comprehend it all. Test photo using irfanview, still figuring out the cropping, lol. ...

IMG_1907.jpg

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just purchased a new computer that has Windows 10 (my old one had Windows 8). I refused the free upgrade when it was available.
With my old computer, I could reduce the image size (resolution) of my photos using the standard windows photo app that came pre-installed in the computer.
In this new Windows 10 pre-installed photo app, there is no option to change the photo resolution.

I've scoured the internet and have gone in a complete circle. There is no function to change resolution, reduce image size or anything else of the sort in the photo app.

How are you all managing this?

THEY.... tried to "Force Feed" me windows 10 about 9 months ago.I said no way ! Took my hard-drive to a local computer geek company......And here I still am, on windows 7 :) Oh, and cost me $60.00 ......Google.... problems with windows 10. ITS garbage.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of ridiculous they done away with a completely user friendly (and quick) program. I'm gonna give irfanview a shot. But it makes no sense that I should have to download 3rd party software to perform the same basic functions I've been doing for at least the last 10 years or so. I have Paint 3d can't deal with it. Too many options and hard for my feeble brain to navigate/comprehend it all. Test photo using irfanview, still figuring out the cropping, lol. ...

Just select the area you want to crop, go to edit, and crop selection.

Image1111.jpg

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I give up on windows about 8 years ago.. I went with Apple IMack the only thing i will buy now in computers and IPads is Apple.... I never have any type of problems with Apple.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In windows 10 just use the PAINT program. Select "resize", put in the %
you wan to reduce it to, and you're image is resized. Click save and
Bob's yer Uncle.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a resize option with a right click, thought everyone did.

Its called "windows image resizer" , should be readily available if not already installed.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for your help. I located a copy of Windows Essentials 2012. All is well again.

Last edited:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd never tried Essentials, gonna download and try it now :)

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I feel your pain. My laptop that had Windows 7 died on the 13th. Was able to use the wife's computer to finish up the last of my eBay sales for the year before I put my store on vacation on the 19th. Ordered a new laptop that came in on Friday. Spent a few hours yesterday doing initial setup. Now I've got to figure out how to use a whole new operating system and/or how to get the programs I prefer up & running. Aggravating as heck to have to deal with stuff that has been "improved" for absolutely no reason. I understand that there are some things that are better but IMO the vast majority of the changes in personal computers is a form of planned obsolescence that's only possible because there are idiots that have to have the latest & greatest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread