Gotta keep an eye on feeBay. Got cheated.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I listed an item and to keep total price down I ship 1st class and listed at 8 ounces. (actual 7.6oz) I did not add any extra for ebays 10% fee.
I sold the item yesterday and customer got billed $2.45 but after my shipping discount feeBay charged me $2.77 (actual USPS is $3.64)

I know no one has the ability to answer this but why didn't they charge the USPS price of $3.64 or even my actual cost of $2.77?
To top it off I still have to pay the fee of .28¢ I know it is only a loss of .60¢ but my item was only $3.75

I wonder if I missed other shipping charge discrepancies in the past?

I have two more of these items I just went in and added handling charge of .75¢

RudyT

Nov 23, 2017
LaPorte, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy coins all the time through eBay and I hear so many stories of sellers complain about eBay fees. I can’t believe that there is not another way to sell your stuff without dealing with eBay. They remind me of the cable companies!! Lol

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy coins all the time through eBay and I hear so many stories of sellers complain about eBay fees. I can’t believe that there is not another way to sell your stuff without dealing with eBay. They remind me of the cable companies!! Lol

I don't mind the fees. I always try to put them in my sell price. This time i forgot to add 10% to my shipping cost. If ebay changes fee to 15% my sell price goes up. It only hurts the customer.

There used to be other auction houses but ebay drove them out of business.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not like craigslist. Too many flakes and scammers. Besides no CL even in my county. The closest listing area is 1-2 hour drive south.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped selling on Ebay awhile back. Too many flaky buyers out there.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I listed an item and to keep total price down I ship 1st class and listed at 8 ounces. (actual 7.6oz) I did not add any extra for ebays 10% fee.
I sold the item yesterday and customer got billed $2.45 but after my shipping discount feeBay charged me $2.77 (actual USPS is $3.64)

I know no one has the ability to answer this but why didn't they charge the USPS price of $3.64 or even my actual cost of $2.77?
To top it off I still have to pay the fee of .28¢ I know it is only a loss of .60¢ but my item was only $3.75

Can't answer your question but would suggest you check your settings. There is one that deals with how the customer is charged for shipping. I think the options used to be they are either charged the USPS price or they get your price. Maybe they added something extra? I build the shipping cost into my price unless the item is heavy and/or bulky.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009

I always do free shipping. I roll the shipping price into the total price by assuming the item is going to california (highest shipping price for me). This way I don't waste time with setting up the shipping costs. Also if you are a top rated seller, you DO NOT get a 10% refund on your final value fees applied to shipping. IE you sell an item for $100 free shipping, you get hit with a $10 final seller fee, your discount will get $1 back (10% for top rated seller). If you do $75 and $25 shipping, you still get hit with $10 in total final seller fees, $7.5 & $2.5, however the 10% top rated seller discount is NOT applied to shipping fees. So you only get .75 cents back.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I can’t believe that there is not another way to sell your stuff without dealing with eBay. They remind me of the cable companies!! Lol

There are dozens if not hundreds of other ways to sell stuff besides on ebay...

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are dozens if not hundreds of other ways to sell stuff besides on ebay...

Are they as well known and get close to the amount of hits/buyers that feeBay does?

Can you give a few good examples? Forget letgo, facebook and craigslist. I don't want to deal direct with flakes and weirdos.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread