Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats good. I only used one of those words one time, number 5 "SMELL"

It was so bad I even put it in the title, but jokingly.

Title was similar to this "Two Vintage Dolls - Suffer from SDS"

In the body of the ad I said SDS was Stinky Doll Syndrome. (I made it up and they sold fast) Some dolls from the 1940s were made from cellulose which after a while smell like a sick kid. Collectors know how to get rid of it. I had wrapped these dolls in scented dryer sheets and then plastic wrap for over 6 months and they still stunk like vomit. The buyer was happy, guess she knew a better cure.

My pet peeve is if the seller does not mention smell. Only happened one time and I am sure the seller did not even notice it. I bought a book and when I opened the box I got hit right in the face with cigarette smoke smell. I swear he probably smoked two or three just wrapping the box. I immediately put it in the far corner of my patio for months and gave him bad feedback. I will not tolerate 2nd hand smoke.

Yes, my avatar is sucking on a cancer stick but do you really think that is me? (also I have all my teeth) He is better looking and younger, that is why I use Igor's photo.

Last edited:

adirondackjim

Sep 23, 2014
Finger Lakes of NY & North Shore of Kaua'i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes, my avatar is sucking on a cancer stick but do you really think that is me? (also I have all my teeth) He is better looking and younger, that is why I use Igor's photo.

Well that's good to hear, was thinking it may have been why you had to move...scaring too many kids in you're old neighborhood...

Arachnofreak

Nov 16, 2012
Prescott Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do quite a bit of ebay and I don't think I have ever used any of those words without describing the nature of the smell/hole/soiling/wear and I don't believe I have ever used the word spotting. Reminds me to much of some kind of a female problem.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that's good to hear, was thinking it may have been why you had to move...scaring too many kids in you're old neighborhood...

It's not me that scares the kids. Meet my family. Son, daughter, wife and family pet.

Attachments

• ugly_man.JPG
    ugly_man.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 90
  • ugly-little-sister.jpg
    ugly-little-sister.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 94
  • ugly-mom.jpg
    ugly-mom.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 87
  • ugly-dog.JPG
    ugly-dog.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 356

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny thread. I sold some old (still sealed) Kodak film a few years ago that expired back in the mid 1960's one time. I remember getting a negative feedback because the film had an odor to it. I replied back to her feedback with something like "If you expired almost 50 years ago you'd have an odor too, lol".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread